EP Global Marketing Manager, Commercial Excellence-APAC
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO.
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution.
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Austin, TX location in the Electrophysiology Division.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
What You’ll Work On
Primary responsibility to help operationalize DOWNSTREAM MARKETING efforts with an aim to gain efficiencies and elevate execution within the GLOBAL ELECTROPHYSIOLOGY COMMERCIAL EXCELLENCE TEAM. The manager will be engaging with both global marketing team members and regional geography-based marketing and sales teams focusing on ASIA-PACIFIC (APAC) to help execute marketing activities in the field.
Specific examples of projects the manager will oversee include: Engaging with global product managers on new product launches at an early stage by engaging in the development of the integrated marketing business plans. Assist marketing team in execution and support of continuation marketing campaigns, including push marketing deliverables, competitive blunting campaigns, key top account market development strategies and support of key congresses and symposia with primary messaging and positioning of the EP portfolio. Lead marketing operations and process improvements for product forecasting, global demand planning, market share data accumulation and analysis and post product launch metrics including sales dashboards and in-depth analysis for continuous improvements.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team oriented, fast paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
- Collaborates with global marketing teams, respective regional geography marketing and sales leaders, to update tools that help drive regional marketing strategies and execution in the field. Examples include quarterly plan of actions, [Register to View] dashboards, monthly reports and the sales playbook thereby enabling commercialization excellence and best practice sharing globally.
- Quarterbacks the go-to-market and product launch portion of the integrated marketing business plans for new product launches, by engaging early with global product managers and peer stakeholders.
- Implement process improvement in global demand planning by product offering for respective regional geographies, including new product launch planning, inventory management and enables sharing of best practices from one geo to the next with a goal to improve alignment with manufacturing and operations.
- Data analysis and drive insights that help recommend strategies and tactics to gain market share in various product lines including regional geography market dynamics, competitive intelligence, product preferences, areas of business strength and weakness.
- Quarterbacks top accounts program with a focus on strategic key accounts to drive mindshare of top Key Opinion Leaders in the respective regional geography. Engages with cross functional teams to create cross functional business plans for identified Key Opinion Leaders and assist regional geography teams in creating and managing engagement plans for regional and up and coming customer leaders.
- Executes consistent branding, messaging and positioning of EP product portfolio at major tradeshows in the respective regional geography, engages PR/IR teams as appropriate.
- Works within a matrix with education, clinical, competitive and product marketing teams to create opportunities and content to improve respective regional geographic sales and clinical teams on messaging, positioning and blunting messages.
- Develops tools, messages, programs, systems, services and behaviors to enable sales and produce consistent messaging, positioning and branding for the Abbott EP portfolio.
- Remains current on developments in field(s) of expertise, clinical data, healthcare economics and reimbursement, regulatory requirements, as well as industry trends.
- Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
- Four-year degree required, preferably a Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing, Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of progressively more responsible business experience in a class III medical device company or equivalent, including product or market management experience.
- Ability to travel approximately 30%, including internationally.
- Prior experience with working in the APAC market.
- Seasoned judgment acquired through organizational experience and a demonstrated record of achievements in successfully building a business.
- A substantive knowledge of the medical device industry, health care delivery, and managed care/reimbursement markets and the factors that drive them.
- A thorough understanding of product and market management, physician, and patient marketing.
- An advanced credential, such as an MBA in a relevant discipline/concentration.
- Fluency in Mandarin or Japanese would be a plus.
- Both US and international class III medical device marketing experience.
- Professional marketing certification or designation.
- Requires the ability to track financial metrics and make appropriate adjustments to successfully achieve revenue/unit goals.
- Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results.
- Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization.
- Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross-division business unit model.
- Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]