The CVS Health Internal Audit ("IA") Department provides high quality services to our internal business partners that consistently meets and exceed their expectations. We collaborate proactively with our business partners to focus on the most important risks and challenges facing the organization, to delivery results that make the most significant contributions, and to provide meaningful insights and solutions. We continuously look for ways to improve our audit process and leverage technology to provide value in creative ways.
The Senior Manager will be part of the Direct Assist team and lead a team of approximately five to seven audit professionals. The team is responsible for the development and execution of financial statement audits and compliance with applicable policies, procedures, and regulations in partnership with the External Auditors. The position has the primary responsibility for the leadership of the audit team while partnering with the External Auditors and business partners to drive process efficiencies, quality, and economic efficiency for the agreed upon commitments.
In this role, you will contribute to the annual planning process to develop the project plan with the External Auditors. The role will be responsible for continually evaluating the resource management of the deliverables by overseeing the planning, scheduling, and allocation of staff so that the team is able to effectively execute on the agreed upon commitments. Finding opportunities to identify and implement implementing various tools, technologies, and innovation to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness of the team. The role will be managing the project hours to ensure the team is efficiently executing the project plan and making adjustments where necessary to deliver on project milestones as per established commitments. This role will have opportunities to collaborate on cross-functional project teams, providing value in support of CVS Health achieving its transformational goals.
Additional responsibilities include:
• Monitor organizational changes/trends and recommend innovative solutions to enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the projects
• Manage project hours effectively to support the delivery of Audit Plan commitments.
• Act as a subject matter expert
• Provide periodic reporting to key stakeholders regarding the plan and finding status to drive collaboration
• Assess resource requirements, team competencies and skillsets. Additionally, recruit, develop, and retain a high performing team, including the development of a succession plan.
• Lead the development and maintenance of an infrastructure of audit methodologies, tools, and communication protocols
• Lead the professional development of team members, including providing performance evaluations and informal feedback
• Provide opportunities for team members to develop skillsets that support growth within the organization
• Identify and implement various tools, techniques, and innovation in an effort to maximize the efficiency and effectiveness
• Build strong relationships with business partners and External Auditors to provide value-added consultation to influence and strengthen the efficiencies and effectiveness or the team’s commitments
• Drive strategic thinking and decision making
• Actively support a culture of transformation and anticipate the changes required in our processes
• Demonstrate a willingness to be a part of initiatives outside of IA, while considering audit's independent function/requirements, to become a trusted advisor and strategic leader for the related business segments
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
[Register to View]
• 7 or more years of experience in accounting or finance, internal audit, compliance and/or public accounting
• 2 or more years of leadership/management experience, with proven track record for engaging, managing, and motivating multi-level teamsPreferred Qualifications
• Minimum of 9 yrs of professional experience in accounting or finance, internal audit, compliance, public accounting or other relevant areas
• Minimum of 4 yrs in public accounting
• Master's Degree in Accounting, Business, Information Technology
• Relevant Certifications or Licenses (CPA, CIA, CISA, etc.,)Education
Bachelor's Degree RequiredBusiness Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.