Senior Director, M&D Strategy & Integration
Do you want to be part of an inclusive team that works to develop innovative therapies for patients? Every day, we are driven to develop and deliver innovative and effective new medicines to patients and physicians. If you want to be part of this exciting work, you belong at Astellas!
Astellas Pharma Inc. is a pharmaceutical company conducting business in more than 70 countries around the world. We are committed to turning innovative science into medical solutions that bring value and hope to patients and their families. Keeping our focus on addressing unmet medical needs and conducting our business with ethics and integrity enables us to improve the health of people throughout the world. For more information on Astellas, please visit our website at [Register to View] .
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts. Remote work from certain states may be permitted in accordance with Astellas’ Responsible Flexibility Guidelines. Candidates interested in remote work are encouraged to apply.
Purpose and Scope:
The Sr. Director, M&D Strategy & Integration is a key leader in driving collaboration, strategic alignment and integration of M&D activities between Mitobridge, AIRM and the wider M&D. As Sr. Director of M&D Strategy & Integration, this position will be accountable for ensuring operational excellence through the development, execution and oversight of business change initiatives with an application component through collaborative partnerships with cross-functional stakeholders within Research and the broader M&D.
This position will be responsible for providing strategic direction. In building capabilities and enhancing the footprint for M&D in the Boston Market. The position will be responsible for overseeing the successful delivery of cross-functional business change initiatives with an application component within M&D.
The position will also be responsible for enabling stakeholders to evaluate opportunities to improve operational productivity and maximize efficiency of business processes related to cross-functional operational planning. The position will lead the establishment of best-in-class methodologies to ensure consistent implementation within research and M&D.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
Strategy Development and Execution
Is a member of the Strategic Planning & Administration Leadership Team and contributes to the development and implementation of multi-year objectives and plans for M&D as part of the overall cross-functional operational excellence strategy for planning processes and tools.
Develops and leads the successful implementation of strategic goals and objectives to ensure excellence in business operations management globally.
- Provide expert support and strategic oversight and direction to all stakeholders in planning, processes and systems, incorporating best practices into future iterations of process, tools, training or guidance.
- Establishing a system for overseeing all cross-functional projects aligned to strategic objectives for M&D by leading cross-functional collaborations to develop and implement a strategic roadmap and establish a system for prioritizing and evaluating progress, outcome and resources utilized to support initiatives with a system component.
- Facilitates the effective sharing of information between Mitobridge and AIRM and the wider M&D organization.
- Drive M&D, AIRM and Mitobridge to develop an integrated approach for delivering against the Corporate Strategic Plan, facilitating the creation of a single plan, and overseeing delivery
- Partner with site leaders to identify and evaluate opportunities to improve productivity and modernize business operations.
- Establishing a system for strategically assessing and continued improvement of the data model related to project delivery.
- Partnering with cross-functional colleagues to develop and implement a change management and training strategy for process improvement changes including an application component and to enhance adoption of best practices for cross-functional operational planning activities.
People & Organization Management
Responsible for the effective implementation of an optimal organizational structure which maximizes the use of resources globally and within the Boston market that reflects business needs and conditions.
Provides strategic guidance on the development and implementation of excellence in business operations through the integration of effective collaborations with key stakeholders and functions, as well as of relevant external stakeholders.
- Responsible for evaluating opportunities to improve productivity and to maximize efficiency of business processes.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution and maintenance of the system/process compliance as it relates to operational processes.
- Responsible for departmental budget as well as any budget and timelines associated with assigned initiatives.
- May provide oversight and management of vendors or contractors working on a project, as applicable.
- The position reports to the Executive Director of Strategic Planning and Administration
- The Head of M&D Strategy & Integration may have 2-10 direct reports (including outsourced support staff).
- The Sr. Director will work closely with other functions within M&D, AIRM and Mitobridge to respond to gaps or improvements needed for processes and information managed by the department