Research Assistant- Cell Culture
Explore research careers and be a part of something bigger!
Join us and discover why Labcorp Drug Development has been named by Fortune® Magazine as one of the World's Most Admired Companies 2022 for the fourth consecutive year, by Forbes as one of the World's Best Employers 2022 and more than 90% of the top 20 global pharmaceutical companies are repeat customers. We can offer you not only a job, but a stable, long-term career!
What will you be doing:
This entry level role will organize, perform and document procedures pertaining to the cell culture laboratory of in vitro services, Preclinical Oncology.
- General tissue culture procedures including daily care and maintenance of cells, freezing and thawing and cell enumeration. Prepare media and other reagents or solutions.
- In Vitro production including cell expansion, viability estimation, cryo-preservation and record keeping.
- Follow all established procedural SOPs, equipment maintenance and documentation of all procedures.
- Prepare media and other reagents or solutions.
- Working in a fast paced, team environment
How will you be rewarded!
Working in Ann Arbor, MI our Research Assistants:
- Work a 1st shift including rotating weekends, some holidays and some overtime
- Enjoy 24 days of personal-time-off (PTO) (pro-rated depending on start date)
- Have the option to participate in the Labcorp Education Advantage program where you have access to over 15 Undergraduate On-line Degree Programs offered through Arizona State University (ASU). Tuition is paid by Labcorp!
- Have access to other great benefits including: tuition reimbursement, paid holidays, a 401(k) plan with a generous company match and of course medical and dental insurance.
- Bachelor’s Degree scientific discipline*
- *Combination of education and/or equivalent relevant experience in college level science courses with laboratory component or working experience
- Experience with basic laboratory and equipment
- In vitro laboratory experience preferred
- Mammalian Cell Culture experience preferred
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .