Laboratory Assistant- Mornings
Performs non-technical procedures in support of the testing process from initial set up of supplies to disposal of waste.
Essential Job Duties:
- Monitors daily temperatures of freezers, refrigerators, water baths and incubators. Reports out of specification values to appropriate individuals.
- Performs periodic maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Collects accessioned samples and places appropriately in active storage.
- Maintains storage system for identifying and retrieving samples.
- Prepares reagents, solvents, and other items to be used in assays, if applicable.
- Retrieves and removes hazardous waste materials.
- Assists with inventories, stocking and organizing supplies and communicates needs to management.
- Documents all activities as necessary including preventative maintenance logs, instrument function checks, troubleshooting, and quality control to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Provides general cleanup for the laboratories including cleaning refrigerators and freezers.
- Adheres to the standard operating procedures and safety requirements of Labcorp, CLIA, CAP, ICH GCP, and other regulatory bodies.
This is for a 1st Shift Position: Monday-Friday 8:00am to 4:30pm . This position is located in Englewood, CO.
High School Diploma or Equivalent
Required Work Experience:
Previous experience or training in a health care environment or program or equivalent scientific studies at a college level.
This job description reflects the essential functions of the position and excludes those that may be incidental to the performance of the job. In no way is it stated or implied that the principle functions are the only duties to be performed. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job related duties requested by their supervisor.
This positions includes physical demands, such as moving up to 50 pounds and possible exposure to infection from disease-bearing specimens, blood-borne pathogens, or toxic/caustic chemicals.
Pay range $17.30 - 20.00 per hour. Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience, applicable degrees/certifications, as well as internal equity and market data. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 20 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), ESPP, Paid time off (PTO) or Flexible time off (FTO), Commissions, and Company bonus where applicable. For more detailed information, please [Register to View] .
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .