Operations Manager - Sturgis MI Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Robust Vacation Package to include 3 weeks accrued vacation + 3 personal days + Vacation Buy program
- 10 Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
WHAT YOU'LL DO IN THIS ROLE:
This position is responsible directly and through subordinate managers to oversee specific divisional franchise manufacturing and operations activities.
• Oversees manufacturing activities of multiple product lines operating on multiple shifts.
• Develops and implements short and long term strategic plans to ensure manufacturing systems are in place to meet
• Works cross-functionally with R&D, Quality, Clinical, Regulatory and other departments as needed to ensure effective new product transitions into production.
• Works with Supply Chain management to develop effective, production planning and inventory systems; ensures accurate tracking and accounting of materials and WIP.
• Works with Continuous Improvement and Engineering functions to develop effective manufacturing processes capable of meeting quality, cost and supply chain objectives.
• Anticipates and resolve highest level issues and conflicts that could impact operations success.
• Hires and retains a diverse, highly qualified staff and provides ongoing performance feedback. Sets goals which align to department plans and manages the execution of goals through coaching and mentoring. Maintains a safe and professional work environment.
• Support all Company initiatives as identified by management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
• Complies with U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations, other regulatory requirements, Company policies, operating procedures, processes, and task assignments. Maintains positive and cooperative communications and
collaboration with all levels of employees, customers, contractors, and vendors.
3 Direct Reports - 2 Sr Production Supervisors and 1 Operations Project Manager + Indirect reports
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
Bachelors Degree required. Preferably in Engineering, Operations, Business, or Science. Masters Degree Preferred but not required.
Experience: Minimum 10 years
Progressively responsible work experience in a high-volume, multi-product manufacturing environment. Significant experience leading and implementing lean manufacturing/Six Sigma initiatives. Solid knowledge of GMP and ISO regulations. Significant experience in identifying and driving operational change and excellence. Experience working in a broader enterprise/cross division business unit model preferred. Ability to work in a highly matrixed and geographically diverse business environment. Strong leadership skills, including the ability to set goals and provide positive and constructive feedback respectfully to build positive relationships and improve business results. Ability to work effectively within a team in a fast-paced changing environment. Strong verbal and written communications with ability to effectively communicate at multiple levels in the organization. Multi-tasks, prioritizes and meets deadlines in timely manner. Strong organizational, planning, and follow-up skills and ability to hold others accountable. Ability to travel approximately 20%, including internationally.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View]