Clinical Sales Specialist, Structural Heart, MitraClip (Virgina/ DC)
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of Structural Heart disease. We aim to lead the markets we serve by requiring the solutions we offer customers provide an improved benefit/risk profile as compared to existing standards of care; a performance threshold that by definition, guides and ensures the productive output of our engineering, business development, and clinical research efforts result in outcomes that advance the standard of care.
The Clinical Specialist provides clinical and sales support through education of current and potential customers, and procedure coverage with a defined region. In this role, the Clinical Specialist with train interventional cardiologists, catheter lab staff and ancillary personnel on the use of Structural Heart products and provide technical support to physicians during procedures. The role is responsible for communicating product, clinical and market data to appropriate personnel and will support the company’s efforts to develop and implement product marketing strategies.
This position may be hired at different level, depending on the experience of the candidate. This position may travel in excess of 50%.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
• Collaborate with Territory Managers to provide good case coverage and clinical outcomes for patients
• Serve as primary resource for clinical support in the areas of surgical coverage, troubleshooting and in-service education for company products
• Educate customer on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products. Inform customers of the latest product, therapy and technology developments in the industry.
• Actively engage in clinical, procedural and technical discussions and link data outcome to key messaging.
• Meet with existing and potential clients (health care providers) to identify their clinical needs, goals and constraints related to patient care and provide creative and feasible solutions.
• This role requires a strong clinical orientation with the ability to influence a variety of clinician personality types.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
• BS/BA or equivalent experience.
• 6+ years of related cardiovascular work experience.
• Degree in life sciences or medical training (RN, EMT, Perfusion, etc.).
• Strong clinical orientation, experience with products for use in interventional cardiology and cardiac surgery, familiarity with echo cardiology and other indirect imaging.
• Strong consideration will be given to candidates with EP (Electrophysiology) and SH (Structural Heart) sales experience.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
• Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
• Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
• Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
• Paid time off
• 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
• The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] The salary for this role is between $62,700 – $125,300