Delivery Driver Lead Full Time
The Delivery Driver Lead is responsible for the quality and efficiency of the delivery drivers and their operations.
In this high impact role, you will serve as a liaison between long term care facilities and delivery staff. You will train all transport personnel.
In this role you will:
- Coordinate work schedules and delivery routes
- Monitor work flow to analyze patterns and trends
- Review and set standards for staff
- If needed; Provide timely and accurate delivery of medication, equipment, products and/or supplies into long term care facilities or patient’s homes
- Conduct routine staff meetings
- Train all transportation personnel
- Coordinate work schedule and delivery routes
- Monitor work flow, analyze patterns and trends
- Respect the privacy, confidentiality, and security of patient information and property
- Access only the minimum amount of patient protected health information needed to perform your
- Coordinate all special deliveries with the operations supervisor on duty
- Maintain vehicles in good and safe condition to comply with DOT, OSHA, state and federal regulations, and Omnicare policies and procedures
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA
- Display behavior which exemplifies employee code of conduct guidelines
- Other duties as assigned; Job duties may vary by location
- Ensure shipments are accurate and deliveries are timely.
- Perform physical inventories.
- Sort all baskets from V2 according to facility units, location, and delivery times
- Scans all medication pending for delivery
- Prepares manifests and ancillary paperwork to correspond to appropriate nursing facility.
- Retrieve medication totes from PVII pharmacists that are to be scanned for delivery (STATs included)
- Check bins before delivery departure for missed meds
- During down times assist pharmacy floor for additional support.
- Scans manifests into system for confirmation of delivery.
- Follow all applicable government regulations including HIPAA.
- Take important steps to ensure all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met for our patients and they demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
- Maintain and full compliance with all Federal, State and Local laws and regulations
- Maintain highest professional and ethical standards
Notwithstanding the language in the below COVID Requirements section that references exemption from the vaccine requirement for medical or religious reasons, successful candidates for this position must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their start date. The majority of Omnicare s clients will not allow unvaccinated colleagues to enter their premises, and some of the essential functions of this position must be performed within our client’s facilities. Therefore, no exemptions from the vaccination requirement will be allowed for this position.
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
∙ Driver’s license in good standing and a clean driving record ∙ Must maintain a valid driver's license ∙ Ability to use routing software (if applicable) ∙ Ability to drive a standard transmission IF necessary ∙ Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required ∙ The ability to concentrate on a task over a period without being distracted ∙ Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues ∙ Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times ∙ The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day’s supply of a prescription ∙ Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem ∙ Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options ∙ Customer service orientation
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
Prior experience in the long-term care industry
Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.