Senior Product Manager, Managed Care
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Diabetes Care division. We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
As the Senior Product Manager, Managed Care, you will develop and lead the execution of payer marketing and sales enablement programs for the continuous and blood glucose monitoring portfolio at Abbott Diabetes Care. As we are evolving to a customer-centric organization, addressing patient affordability and access is a critical need in the evolving managed care landscape. They will work cross-functionally with account management, sales, marketing, regulatory, government and medical affairs teams to generate key messages and tactics to expand and improve access of on-market and new products. They will be engaged in the customer strategy, planning and execution (e.g. training, account management tools/resources) to meet the needs of the company’s managed customers such as public and private payers, integrated delivery networks and key healthcare organizations. They will be responsible for the planning and execution of key payer initiatives and specific promotional activities and tactics for customers or products to establish, enhance or distinguish coverage and access within the continuous glucose monitoring market, specific to the Market Access East team.
What You’ll Work On
- Provide a customer-centric focus to translate what our customers are saying into business needs that then manifest into actionable marketing plans;
- Understand clinical (e.g. RCTs, real-world, meta-analysis) and economic data and stakeholder insights to lead the development and maintenance of the clinical/economic value story for the portfolio
- Become the in-house Subject Matter Expert (SME) around the clinical journey and implications of diabetes beyond CGM
- Stay current with payer accounts, identify channel opportunities in retail/DME, and execute marketing tactics within identified channels, e.g., Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, IDN, ACO
- Leverage data insights in partnership with our analytics team to provide actionable insights for our account managers and customers that will drive market access improvements
- Review and utilize market research and other marketplace intelligence to ensure alignment of relevant managed care marketing plans and tactics
- Understand how to differentiate against current and anticipated competitive threats in market access channels
- Support payer pull-through initiatives, including design and implementation of key field access tools and resources, specific to the East region
- Develop insights, strategies, and tactics for reimbursement, distribution, and access to include, but not limited to coverage dashboards, access website support, payer team tools, market access account team messaging and access-related sales tools.
- Support and contribute to development of materials/ resources for sales meetings, conferences and trade shows and train the Account Management team when appropriate
- Ensure that all activities within the role of Sr Product Manager, U.S. Managed Care Marketing remain in compliance with all corporate, regulatory, and legal guidelines
- Manage marketing/advertising agencies and associated budget to ensure high quality, timely deliverables
The salary range for this position is 118,100 - 236,100K based on experience.
Bachelors Degree in Marketing, product management, any biological/clinical sciences with at least 4-6 years related experience, with at least one year of experience in marketing or product management, or MBA with 1-3 years of related experience.
Strong presentation & listening skills.
Ability to think on their feet a plus and a strong customer-centric mentality.
MBA and or Pharm D
Payer experience a plus but not required.
Broad pharmaceutical and/or medical device experience, including experience in payer marketing, market access.
Category experience preferred in diabetes, medical device and/or therapeutics.
Product management experience in medical products or services or management consulting background
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] The salary for this role is between $118,100 – $236,100