Hospital Reference Test Clerk
Are you organized, accountable, and have always gone the extra mile to make sure things are done right? Imagine the impact those skills can have in ensuring the accuracy of millions of healthcare tests, every month. If you share our passion for strengthening physician care, please apply for the Specimen Accessioner position!
Labcorp is seeking a dedicated and motivated individual to join their Specimen Accessioning team in Salt Lake City, UT. The Specimen Accessioner will be responsible for performing specimen accessioning, sample sorting and data entry in a fast-paced, high-throughput environment according to established standard operating procedures.
The schedule for this position will be: 1st shift, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm.
- Introduce and prepare biological specimens to the laboratory to ensure accurate processing
- Open specimens and pour off into secondary containers to prepare for analysis and testing
- Verify patient demographic information matches the test requisition form submitted
- Data entry of patient information into the computer system for tracking purposes
- Meet key production metrics and quality measures to ensure timely and accurate results
- Unpack and route specimens to their respective staging areas
- Pack and ship specimens to proper testing facilities when required
- Properly prepare and store excess specimen samples
- Resolve and document any problem specimens
- Handle and dispose of medical and chemical waste
- Comply with applicable environmental health and safety policies and procedures
- Operate automated instrumentation under supervision if necessary
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- No relevant experience is required
- Previous medical or production experience is preferred
- Proficient computer and typing skills
- Must pass standardized color vision test
- Comfortable handling human biological specimens including blood, urine and tissue samples
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs, work in protective equipment and sit/stand for long periods of time
- Strong eye hand coordination in order to accurately identify specimens by touch and sight
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- High level of attention to detail with the ability to problem solve
- Strong communication skills; both written and verbal
- Ability to work overtime when needed
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for growth, continual development, professional challenge and the chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .