GSK is currently looking for a QC Chemist in Rockville, MD to join our team. In this role, the QC Chemist is responsible for performing quality sampling, testing and data review for raw materials under cGMP conditions. The role will support the manufacturing campaigns by ensuring raw materials testing completion within established timelines. The role will also support operation and maintenance of QC laboratory equipment/instrument to comply with cGMP regulations.
- Assist Manager in completing team objectives including oversight of testing priorities, testing assignments and driving completion to meet timelines.
- Conducts routine compendial (NF/USP/BP/EP/JP/ACS) and non-compendial raw material testing and utilizes electronic management system in daily operations, in cGMP environment to support manufacturing.
- Performs sample aliquoting, sample shipments, laboratory inventory, and other laboratory tasks as instructed by local procedures and management.
- Responsible for critically evaluating data generated and recommending acceptance or rejection of samples. Reviews and approves analytical test results documents generated within QC Raw Materials laboratory.
- Performs laboratory duties and safety checks following all safety, cGMP, CFR and other regulations to assure laboratory compliance. As assigned, participates in EHS teams for Chemical Inventory, Risk Assessments or other initiatives as assigned by management to ensure laboratory compliance.
- Evaluate laboratory SOPs and recommend improvement opportunities to maintain compliance with corporate and regulatory guidelines. Develops or revises laboratory SOPs as required.
- Supports manager to conduct laboratory investigations related to raw material testing. Able to use SAP to manage notifications on-site (DE/LI/MC/CAPA) by adhering to timelines.
- Trained as Self-Inspector Auditor and participates n department’s Self-Inspections as assigned. Supports product readiness inspections (internal and external) as requested by management.
- Participates in on-call program for chamber maintenance or ADHOC raw material testing.
- Assesses new analytical technologies for application to site operations and evaluates new equipment for purchase. Operate and maintain QC laboratory equipment/instrument, which may include commissioning or decommissioning, in a cGMP compliant manner.
- Able to work effectively as part of a team and exhibit effective interpersonal skills within group as well as with other groups within the department.
- Other duties as assigned
The role requires office work, computer work, group meetings, laboratory work and thus requires sitting, standing, and walking. It may involve working with analytical instruments and thus may involve exposure to chemical reagents that may be hazardous (corrosive, toxic, flammable, etc.)
The role may involve occasionally working outside of 0800 –1700 hours for on-call response to chambers or ADHOC Raw Materials testing
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BA/BS in Science field
- 4+ years of experience in pharmaceutical development, Quality or Quality Control environment
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Writing, communication skills and experience using analytical equipment. Technologies include those in the disciplines of Chemistry or other Biological Sciences
- Ability to be follow established procedures.
- Ability to be flexible, understand risk, and using analytical mindset to troubleshoot.
- Ability to continuous improvement
- Strong organizational and communication skills and attention to detail.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose –to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together –so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns –as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years. Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves –feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.