Are you looking for an opportunity to join a team tasked to create a new medicine using a manufacturing process and formulation that you help develop? If so, this is the job for you. As a Product Developer, you will contribute to various aspects of drug product development to enable the delivery of our medicines
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include the following:
- Member of a team responsible for enabling the progression of new chemical Entities (NCEs) from candidate selection to product commercialization.
- Member of matrix teams supporting product development.
- Progress drug product design & development aspects of projects, utilizing experience and expertise as part of a Medicine Development & Supply technical matrix team and wider matrix teams.
- Exercise professional judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action for a project.
- Develop and optimize processes for the manufacture of drug products and support the manufacturing of GLP supplies.
- Design and execute DoE, scale up studies, and participate in technology transfer.
- Prepare development reports and batch records.
- Propose and deliver innovative approaches to achieve project goals.
- Provide correct interpretation of results and perform complex data management and analysis.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS or MS in Pharmaceutics, Chemical Engineering, or other related fields with a minimum of 2 years of industrial experience in pharmaceutical development.
- Experience in formulation and process development of small molecules, particularly novel complex injectable products, e.g. long acting injectables, liposomes, etc.
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience in developing phase appropriate formulations and manufacturing processes for small molecules.
- Experience working in a pharmaceutical environment with exposure to manufacturing processes and GMP principles.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks, good time management, attention to detail, problem prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to create and follow detailed documentation on manufacturing/ cleaning/ sampling/ processing steps in coordination with other manufacturing personnel.
- Knowledge on sterilization techniques is preferred.
- Experience in working within a product development matrix team.
- Demonstrates networking skills through interactions across departments, divisions, and disciplines.
- Familiar with cGMP and regulatory requirements for manufacturing operations and documentation.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to impact the health of 2.5 billion people around the world in the next 10 years.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a place where people feel inspired, encouraged and challenged to be the best they can be. A place where they can be themselves – feeling welcome, valued and included. Where they can keep growing and look after their wellbeing. So, if you share our ambition, join us at this exciting moment in our journey to get Ahead Together.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organisation where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.