Medical Technologist/MLT for Clinic
Are you an experienced Medical Lab Professional? Are you looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your career in Medical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical Technologist in Seattle, WA. In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused, and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall mission at Labcorp: -Improving Health, Improving Lives.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 09:00am - 5:30pm with rotating weekends Department: Seattle Cancer Institute Stat Lab
Location: 1221 Madison St. Ste 200; Seattle, WA
- Cancer Institute based Generalist position in fast paced clinic with heavy emphasis on hematology.
- Responsible for automated and manual testing, instrument maintenance. Must recognize, troubleshoot and initiate corrective action for instrument issues.
- Must be able to work efficiently and accurately in a busy environment and be adaptable to change.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure proper functionality
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control procedures
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal protective equipment
- Bachelor's Degree in a life science or laboratory science/Medical Technology
- Previous experience in a clinical laboratory is preferred
- Must be ASCP certified as a Medical Technologist or equivalent
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment
- Proficient with computers; familiarity with laboratory information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on business needs
This position requires you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Subject to applicable law, all prospective hires will need to provide proof of being fully vaccinated for COVID-19 or qualify for medical or religious accommodations.
Pay Range: $30.09-$45.58
Benefits: All job offers will be based on a candidate’s skills and prior relevant experience and the terms of the collective bargaining agreement between Dynacare Northwest, Inc. and United Food and Commercial Workers Union, Local 21. Regular, full-time or part-time employees working 24 or more hours per week are eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, STD/LTD, 401(K), accrue up to 18 days of Annual Leave per year (includes 8 holidays) and Sick Leave (0.0333 hours of sick leave for each hour of work).
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our business and the qualifications of the individual and do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs), family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic. We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal data, please see our [Register to View] .