Supply Chain Operations Manager- 6P-6A
We believe our potential can thrive and grow in an unbossed culture underpinned by integrity, curiosity and flexibility. And we can reinvent what's possible, when we collaborate with courage to aggressively and ambitiously tackle the world’s toughest medical challenges. Because the greatest risk in life, is the risk of never trying!
Imagine what you could do here at Novartis!
The Supply Chain Operations Manager is responsible for keeping GMP records of all products, Received, Packed for Shipment and Shipped and shipped from the site. Provides correct materials to production team and finish goods to couriers with right labels in a timely fashion, and in accordance with local AAA site procedures and policies. Performs periodic inventory cycle counts and maintains right inventory levels at production sites. Supports any investigations related to deviations and contribute as needed to quality continuous improvement activities.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Accountable for staffing plans, strategic/succession planning for human capital, and performance management
• Receives incoming materials, packages finished product for shipment and ships finished product. Perform all warehouse operations including, but not limited to inventory movements, ERP transactions and GMP.
• Performs all duties associated with operations in support of manufacturing and quality control.
• Analysis and improves receiving, material handling and storing processes
• Collaborate with production and QA to improve shipping process through document and storage controls
• Ensure development of talent
• Build and lead a high performing organization to support Receiving, Packaging and Shipping activities across a 7-day operation.
• Develop team’s supply chain capabilities.
• Identify inventory discrepancies by performing periodic inventory cycle counts.
• Works closely with other parties to complete projects such as Standard Operating Procedures, Scopes of Work, Training, and other assorted tasks along with direct customer interfacing relative to job functions.
• Coordinate with training team to develop new associate qualification program and training curriculums.
• Interfaces directly with production department, purchasing team, facility managers etc. to help procuring lab and manufacturing supplies and material.
• Interfaces with Quality Assurance as required, support any investigations related to deviations, and contribute as needed to quality continuous improvement activities
• Utilizes computer systems to reconcile and track materials: MS Dynamics 365, UPS, FedEx, etc.
• Modifies, designs, and maintains quality metrics and key performance indicators.
• Meets revenue, safety, performance and quality goals and objectives.
• Provides exemplary customer service to other departments.
• Collaborates with rest of facility team, as well as AAA corporate functions and other facilities
• Verifies quantity, weight, and conformance of materials according to IATA and internal quality standards
• Responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal (FDA, TSA, EPA, IATA, DOT, OSHA), State and local regulations. Ensure and monitor adherence to all company policies and procedures relating to current Good Manufacturing Practices, Standard Operating Procedures and Health, Safety and Environmental Practice.
• Ensuring compliance for the Supply Chain organization in accordance within Novartis Quality Standards, Regulatory, and local and State governmental requirements.
• Monitors and reports receiving KPI’s, creates mitigation plans for trending issues.
• Manages deviations, quality events, and other Compliance related activities. Target zero overdue deviations.
• Accountable and responsible for providing audit support and remediation of audit findings.
• Develops warehouse operations systems by determining product handling and storage requirements; developing, implementing, enforcing, and evaluating policies and procedures; developing processes for receiving product, equipment utilization, inventory management, and shipping.
• Develops warehouse design by planning layout, product flow, and product handling systems, evaluating, and recommending new equipment. Works with Materials Planning and Supply Chain Head to build short and long-term capacity models.
NOTE: will manage teams that work 6P-6A. There is a 12% shift differential for the position. Need to be flexible regarding the days worked.
The pay range for this position at commencement of employment is expected to be between $112,800 and $169,200 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on multiple individualized factors, including market location, job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. The total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a sign-on bonus, restricted stock units, and discretionary awards in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits (including 401(k) eligibility and various paid time off benefits, such as vacation, sick time, and parental leave), dependent on the position offered. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an “at-will position” and the Company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, Company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.