Operator 1 Production
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Health Insurance (starting on Day 1 of employment), Savings Plan (401K) with company match, Life insurance for you and your spouse/children, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Education Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Sick, Personal Days.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Arecibo location in the CRM division. As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
Shift: First, Monday to Friday.
As an Operator for the assembly and quality of components in the manufacture of final products and fulfill the goals of the production team. The position must understand the requirements/procedures of the position though training and practice.
What You’ll Do
- Operates machinery and equipment’s associated with the production of goods. Follows documented manufacturing procedures.
- performs quality inspections during all steps of the manufacturing processes.
- Maintains operation records corresponding to the product/process.
- Maintains clean and organized work area and follows all applicable safety measures.
- Notifies management of violation or deviations to manufacturing and safety procedures and guidelines immediately when recognized.
- Ensures compliance with all Abbott procedures and all applicable regulatory agency requirements.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma.
- Capable to calculate, coordinate, detect, evaluate, inspect and collect.
- Must have basic knowledge in computers.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work in teams and follow detailed work instructions.
- Ability to read and understand documents both in English and Spanish is required.
- Preferably, experienced utilizing microscope.
- 1.5 years of experience as a manufacturing Operator in medical devices is preferred.
[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $10.00 – $14.00 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.