Project Leader, Ingredient Supplier QA - Columbus, OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Project Leader, Ingredient Supplier QA
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott. Our Global Supplier Quality Assurance (GSQA) group in Columbus, OH currently has an opportunity for a Project Leader, Ingredient Supplier QA.
The primary function of the GSQA group is to ensure a high-quality supply of incoming materials through evaluation, monitoring and development of Abbott Nutrition ingredient and packaging suppliers worldwide. GSQA is responsible for working and communicating with suppliers as part of an ongoing supplier management process. GSQA supports systems such as: supplier qualification, supplier development, supplier monitoring, and supplier event management. In addition, GSQA supports the plant quality assurance, operations and purchasing groups globally to ensure that incoming material documentation involving acceptance, testing/release, and CAPA are compliant to Corporate and regulatory requirements.
What You’ll Work On
The Specialist Quality Assurance – Ingredient Supplier Quality will exhibit excellent communication and leadership skills and support the training and development of others in the department. The Specialist will be expected to manage projects and responsibilities of a potentially complex nature, including:
- Provide support to AN manufacturing plants by resolving incoming material issues in a timely manner
- Lead supplier event management activities to troubleshoot and resolve supplier processing or ingredient issues
- Support and influence suppliers to drive to root cause and implement effective CAPA when issues arise
- Monitor supplier performance on an on-going basis and initiate supplier improvement activities, when needed
- Utilize supplier development tools to assess, create action plans, and work with suppliers to improve performance
- Initiate, write and support issuance of quality reports to assist the AN plants in accepting and utilizing ingredients, as necessary
- Ensure that proposed changes to supplier processes or ingredients are assessed, approved and compliant to specifications, and make changes when necessary
- Responsible for maintaining/controlling the status of ingredient suppliers
- Support supplier certification program activities
- Maintain GSQA policies and procedures, ingredient specifications and acceptance plans, and ensure that these documents are current and compliant to internal policies and regulations
- Support strategic projects associated with department and organization initiatives and goals
- Responsible for ingredient supplier qualification activities
- Perform supplier audits including qualification and for-cause audits
This role will report to the Ingredient Supplier Quality Assurance Program Manager. The position will not have budget responsibilities or direct reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in physical or life science, engineering or business, or a related degree
- 3 years or more of experience in supplier quality assurance programs or related experience in operations, purchasing or quality assurance in a regulated industry
- Thorough knowledge of manufacturing processes (production, logistics, and engineering) and quality assurance principles
- Technical understanding of different technologies, product quality systems and supplier programs, and be able to provide consultation and recommendations to help suppliers improve their performance
- Experience in performing/leading supplier audits and working independently through troubleshooting supplier issues
- Master's Degree
- Ability to work independently and/or function with minimal supervision
- Ability to manage several activities/projects at once, to organize/prioritize work, to meet deadlines and to prepare plans and reports
- Ability to maintain a high degree of accuracy and analytical thinking
- Ability to effectively organize and communicate technical information
- Ability to successfully interact and communicate with internal and external cross-functional teams, and all organizational levels
- 15% of the time
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $62,700.00 – $125,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.