Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Diagnostic testing is a compass, providing information that helps in the prevention, diagnosis and treatment of a range of health conditions.
Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools give you accurate, timely information to better manage your health. We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Our location in Portsmouth, VA currently has an opportunity for a Warehouse Worker. In this role, you would be responsible for the safe, accurate, and efficient packaging operation of Alere Toxicology PRT warehouse standards and inventory. The main objective is to lower operating costs through effective utilization of the Scan Force RF technology during the item picking process, increased productivity by following working instructions, zero picking errors and communicating product out of stocks. Accurately and efficiently picking items by Lot # and selection of expiration date, prior to the verification process.
10:00 am-6:30 pm
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Reads picking sheets prior to handling/picking items
- Pick Items accurately according to customer specifications documented on the picking sheets.
- Meets department goals for zero picking errors.
- Operates manual rolling cart to move product throughout the warehouse during the picking process.
- Assists team members in picking, staging, loading, unloading, rotation and storage of product.
- Maintains cleanliness of the warehouse by sweeping floor, wiping up spills, and keeping product organized.
- Follows and abides by all company safety rules.
- Pick the proper lot# and expiration date as directed by the picking sheet.
- Must utilize company issued stamp at the conclusion of the picking process.
- Ensure all notes on the picking sheet are read and understood.
- Helps prepare for end of year physical inventory.
- Records all damage per Company policy and handles damage/dents as they happen.
- Ensures proper handling of all picking sheet are placed on the correct carton(s).
- Ensures proper floor space is kept clean while picking.
- Must be detailed oriented.
- Sign in & Sign out Scan Force RF devices.
- Picking products from location by level.
- Conducts daily housekeeping assignments as directed by warehouse management staff.
- Seeks out inefficiencies in warehouse operations and make recommendations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Requires High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to lift up to 50Ibs
- Static Pushing and Pulling (Frequently) to initiate pallet movement with pallet jack
- Standing/Walking (Frequently to Continuously) standing/walking on variable surfaces throughout entire shift in
- Basic math skills to count product
- Ability to read product labels and picking sheets
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Forklift certification, or ability to become certified (company provided).
- Ability to communicate discrepancies to warehouse supervisor.
- Must be able to operate rolling pushcart, electric forklift and manual pallet jack
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $13.00 – $26.00 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.