Sr. Analyst, Market Insights
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
The Senior Analyst will guide business decisions to drive profitable growth and guide brand teams through market-leading insight.
What You’ll Work On
The Senior Analyst designs, manages, analyzes, and communicates the findings of, primary research studies and secondary data analysis in response to defined business issues and learning needs.
- Understands business context and objectives, and translates those into learning objectives.
- Identifies appropriate research methodologies and data sources.
- Leverages research suppliers to conduct research studies.
- Develops and edits complex survey questionnaires and qualitative discussion guides.
- Manipulates/analyzes quantitative data/crosstabs.
- Generates insights and actionable recommendations to address business questions.
- Prepares high quality PowerPoint reports; Presents and defends research conclusions and implications.
Strategic Insight: Provides impactful insights that shape brand, retail and business strategy
- Develops intimate understanding of the consumers(s), business and relevant brands.
- Consistently represents the voice of the consumer/shopper among internal partners to ensure that the consumer/shopper is always top-of-mind.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
Research Management: Assists in proactive and complete research planning for brand and/or retail-shopper team.
- Makes recommendations for research initiatives based on brand/ shopper teams’ business needs and strategies.
- Identifies knowledge gaps and proposes research to address significant strategic issues.
- Identifies research methodologies and data sources that are appropriate to address the business questions(s), and proactively discusses the design of research with business partners and vendors to enhance strategic value.
- Demonstrates continuous improvement by soliciting feedback, developing a sense of urgency, challenging research suppliers and evolving the overall research program.
- Negotiates and partners with research suppliers to deliver learning efficiently and effectively.
Engagement with Internal Partners: Maintains high level of engagement with internal partners
- Engages in good research ‘process’ that improves the relationship between the researcher and business partners, brings the business partners into the research process, and helps them understand it. Develops strong team-based relationships with internal partners.
- Dedicates an appropriate amount of time to truly understand the business question(s) to properly scope out research.
- Establishes timely and realistic deadlines with business partners and works to meet those deadlines.
- Ensures complete objectivity and superior standards of reporting to executive management.
- This position interacts primarily with Brand Marketing and Innovation Managers, Shopper Insights, Sales, Finance and R&D.
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Business or Psychology is required; a Master’s in Marketing Research or Psychology, or an MBA, is preferred.
- Must have 3+ years’ experience of managing market research studies or secondary analytics. Strong understanding of custom research methods, both quantitative and qualitative. Demonstrated ability to move from research to business implications and make strong presentations of research data.
- Evidence of direct involvement with syndicated data analysis (e.g. Nielsen, IRI) is required. Experience with other secondary data is preferred.
- Client-side market research experience in the CPG, Healthcare or Retail industry is preferred. Experience with market research suppliers is also preferred if it includes substantial experience managing end-to-end research for the above industries.
- Demonstrated problem-solving ability from prior work environments is required.
- Demonstrated general business acumen from prior work environments is required.
- Prior budget management experience is preferred.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.