Are you ready to help people on their path to better health? We’re ready to have you join our pharmacy team and help you on your career path to achieve your career goals!
CVS Health has an exciting opportunity in Mount Prospect, IL for high school and college students to join our Mail Order Pharmacy team as a Pharmacy Technician! You will gain experience working in the pharmacy and excel in a complex, high-impact dispensing role and positively impact others' lives. The Pharmacy Technician is essential to ensuring patients receive their medications in a timely manner. As part of the team, you will have an important, uniquely rewarding role gaining Pharmacy Technician skills and experience in a closed-door pharmacy setting. You will work alongside a team of talented individuals and under the direct supervision of Lead Technicians and Pharmacy Supervisors. The ideal candidate will possess high levels of reliability, accuracy, professionalism, team orientation, and problem-solving skills.
It’s critical that you know how to use a 10 keypad and can lift 40 pounds. As a Pharmacy Technician you will be standing for the length of your shift. Good written and verbal communication skills for interacting with all levels of staff is also required.
You will participate in:
- Career growth opportunities (i.e. resume and interview support, individual career planning, etc.)
- 1:1 mentoring with a Pharmacy Leader
- Experiential learning through job shadowing, simulation and more!
- Lean Six-Sigma training
- PTCB Certification Exam Preparation
Starting Pay for this role is $18.16 with immediate opportunities to advance upon successful completion of the program and receipt of PTCB certification! Your career possibilities are endless at CVS Health! This is a part-time position with no direct customer interaction, guaranteed hours per week, and premium pay for consistent weekends, nights, or company holidays worked. We offer:
- 3 paid days off
- Up to a 30% employee discount at all CVS Stores
- Tuition reimbursement
- 401k matching (after a year of employment) and more!
Learn about our part-time benefits offerings at [Register to View]
- Predictable work schedule (flexibility available),
- 10-40 hours per week,
- nights & weekends available,
- perfect for students!
Learn more about the Chicago Mail Order Pharmacy through this video: [Register to View]
Our application process is 2 simple steps.
1. Apply online
2. Take your time while completing our Virtual Job Tryout
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
[Register to View]
- Be at least 16 years of age
- Apply for an Illinois Pharmacy Technician License and provide verification before your first day
- Regular and predictable attendance
- Work mandatory overtime/extended work week, when needed
- Ability to occasionally lift/reach/twist/turn/bend/stoop/walk with up to 40 lbs to move objectsPreferred Qualifications
- Formal Pharmacy Technician training and/or experience
- Experience in medical, fulfillment center, warehouse or healthcare environments
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with a team
- Ability to remain upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time. Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another or within the same work area
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: viewing a computer screen, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communicationEducation
- Currently enrolled in and actively attending high school or post-secondary schooling (i.e. an accredited degree or certificate program)Business Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.