Sr. Financial Analyst
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank">Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank">FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position is a onsite opportunity in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division. We are helping people with Diabetes lead healthier, happier lives. As a global leader in diabetes care, Abbott is constantly working to deliver the highest quality products and unwavering support to our customers. Consistent and accurate glucose monitoring is the foundation of any diabetes management plan, so we’re committed to continuous improvement in the way patients and professionals measure, track and analyze glucose levels.
As a Financial Analyst, you will support Abbott Diabetes Care U.S. Third Party Manufacturing (TPM) operations. This person will be reporting to the US Controller, TPM Operations and should be able to understand and apply complex concepts, identify risks, propose recommendations and solutions to issues, and implement solutions for problem resolution. This is an onsite opportunity in Alameda, CA.
- Providing financial support for TPM Operations business, including analytics on Purchase Price Variance (PPV), yield, distressed inventory, and other manufacturing activities
- Support the annual standard cost setting process, including product pricing and overhead rate calculations
- Support Gross Margin Initiatives (GMI) analysis and forecasting, facilitate the Provalido status update with business, and ensure GMIs are accurately captured in LBEs
- Budgeting and analytics of TPM site overhead cost centers budgets and capital asset management
- Work with operations to identify, analyze and drive the implementation of cost reduction and operational efficiency improvement opportunities in the business
- Preparation of Latest Best Estimate’s (LBE) financial projections and variance analysis
- Month-end close activities, including journal entry preparation, financial analysis, and account reconciliations preparation
- Adhoc analysis and reporting
Experience You'll Bring
- Bachelors Degree (preferably in finance, accounting or economics)
- 3 years financial analysis experience.
- Ability to plan, implement, and administer financial information and control systems.
- Knowledge of the principles, processes and standards for integrated financial analysis and reporting.
- Highly proficient in Excel.
- Knowledge of ERP systems and PowerPoint applications.
- SAP experience is ideal.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to effectively interact with Senior Leadership for groups managed.
- Exceptional problem solving and data analytics skills is a must.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] Information
General Medical Devices:
Our medical devices help more than 10,000 people have healthier hearts, improve quality of life for thousands of people living with chronic pain and movement disorders, and liberate more than 500,000 people with diabetes from routine ﬁngersticks.
As a global leader in Cardiac Rhythm Technologies, we focus on innovative technologies that can improve the way doctors treat people with heart arrhythmias, or irregular heartbeats.
We’re focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
Our Neuromodulation business includes implantable devices compatible with mobile technology to help people who suffer from chronic pain and movement disorders. These non-opioid therapies allow us to provide interventional pain therapy to patients throughout the pain continuum.
Structural Heart Business Mission: why we exist
Our business purpose is to restore health and improve quality of life through the design and provision of device and management solutions for the treatment of structural heart disease.
In Abbott’s Electrophysiology (EP) business, we’re advancing the treatment of heart disease through breakthrough medical technologies in atrial fibrillation, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
We’re empowering smarter medical and economic decision making to help transform the way people manage their health at all stages of life. Every day, more than 10 million tests are run on
Abbott’s diagnostics instruments, providing lab results for millions of people.
Abbott Molecular is a leader in molecular diagnostics and the analysis of DNA, RNA, and proteins at the molecular level.
Our Point of Care diagnostic portfolio spans key heath and therapeutic areas, including infections disease, cardiometabolic, informatics and toxicology.
Our diagnostic solutions are used in hospitals, laboratories and clinics around the globe. The crucial information derived from our tests, instruments and informatics systems are often the first step in patient care decision making for hundreds of health conditions from heart attacks to blood disorders to infectious diseases and cancers.
Our rapid diagnostics solutions are helping address some of the world’s greatest healthcare challenges.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
The base pay for this position is $82,100.00 – $164,100.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.