Lab Supervisor, Analytical Lab (3rd Shift) - Sturgis, MI Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Analytical Laboratory Supervisor is responsible for and is an active leader in ensuring major objectives are met. Major objectives include: assuring regulatory compliance, meeting production schedules, creating and maintaining a high level of employee relations, satisfying all customer service needs and ensuring budgetary and financial goals are met. An excellent understanding of the manufacturing of products is required, as well as expert knowledge of the Processing and Analytical batch work orders.
- Responsible for the overall results of a single shift of a 7-day multi-shift laboratory operation
- Model and promote the behaviors that ensure delivery of high quality products for our customers while championing compliance with Abbott policies and procedures, meeting all local and statutory requirements and adhering to the regulatory requirements of countries to which products are shipped
- Initiate, manage and make decisions which impact product quality
- Manage financial statements and budgetary responsibilities; share accountability for line budgetary decisions with direct manager. Track, trend, and continuously improve budgetary performance for overtime(OT), direct expenses, HPL, labor, year over year CIP and material usage (Note: This list is not all inclusive)
- Understand all key performance indicators, developing, driving and leading the execution of plans through utilization and involvement of all team and support resources
- Develop plans and execute efforts required to train and develop employees to improve overall laboratory capability to deliver performance results
- Create a learning environment and support individual's learning and development plants. Coach and direct individuals and teams to meet performance goals and objectives
- Directly supervises team and leads staffing activities
- Assist in maintaining an operating budget for the Analytical and Incoming Material QA laboratories
- Manage laboratory personnel including staffing, performance reviews, train and develop personnel and maintain safe lab environment
- Assist in problem solving efforts related to laboratory issues
- Provide technical guidance and support to plant
- Assure lab test results reflect compliance to plant, division and corporate guidelines and procedures
- Assure test methods are followed
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU'LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in science, food technology OR 5+ years of experience in a laboratory in a regulated industry with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
- Proven performance in leading a high-volume manufacturing support laboratory
- Proven leadership capabilities
- Project planning & execution experiences
- Process control knowledge
- Proven plant financial understanding
- Experience with working on Continuous Improvement Projects
- Advanced degree in science, food technology; technical OR 7+ years or experience in a laboratory in a regulated industry with preference being for food, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, cosmetics, etc.
- Previous experience working in a laboratory in a regulated manufacturing work environment with emphasis on infant formula manufacturing experience
- Experience utilizing project planning and execution tools
- Knowledge of FDA – 21 CFR and other regulatory requirements for Infant Formula
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.