The Senior Associate, CVS Health Ventures is a highly visible and hybrid position located in either Boston or New York that drives market development activities to maximize CVS Health through our investment strategy. This individual will be expected to cultivate relationships with key internal leaders and stakeholders, portfolio companies, and the external venture capital/ investment community.
As a member of the team, the Senior Associate will source, evaluate, and execute minority investments, and will manage these relationships on an ongoing basis to achieve desired outcomes through overall portfolio management and individual company support.
- You will have ability to lead and execute within complex organizations, and possess an understanding of the healthcare landscape, early-stage companies, emerging trends and capabilities, investment themes, and the venture capital community.
- You will identify new opportunities and threats in the external market and will execute against those opportunities by informing the strategy of business units, and delivering against specific opportunities through partnerships, investments, or other strategic relationships.
- You will work in close collaboration with multiple Business Units across CVS Enterprise as well as Business Development/Enterprise Strategy, Corporate Development, IT, and Finance business units.
- You will develop business cases for new solutions or technologies and articulate enterprise capability needs.
This is a HYBRID role located in either Boston or NY.
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
[Register to View]
- 5+ years required of healthcare experience in business roles particularly in: corporate development, innovation, venture capital/ private equity or strategy,
- 3+ years of experience with financial modeling and data analysis, including proficiency with Microsoft Excel
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the timePreferred Qualifications
- Experience evaluating and supporting strategic relationships and/or investments
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with executive presence and the ability to influence across functions at all levels of an organization
- Highly organized and able to provide positive leadership across multiple work streams in a fast-paced, complex working environment
- Validated project management skills with an emphasis on integrating multiple work outputs into a unified deliverable
- Demonstrated collaborative work style with ability to work and across diverse teams
- Shown presentation skills, including familiarity with Microsoft PowerPoint
- Demonstrates high level of independent judgment and proactivityEducation
Bachelor's Degree or equivalent years of experienceBusiness Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.