Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
We are seeking an experienced, high caliber Operator II. This position is responsible for the packaging of high quality medical device hardware and systems.
Each employee can make a difference at Abbott and has the power, either individually or as a team, to influence the success of the company. We are team-oriented, fast-paced and progressive. We value people with great ideas who partner with others both internally and externally to take action and accomplish goals.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Kits, assembles, and packages devices and related accessories using applicable tools;
- Reviews all device documentation for completeness and accuracy
- Maintains the organization, inventory levels, and the cleanliness of the device packaging areaAbility to read, comprehend, and follow written procedures; understand and follow verbal instructions
- Ability to prioritize work by determining the sequencing and timing of different jobs based on precedence and importance
- Ability to make critical decisions and judgments with minimal supervision
- Interpersonal skills such as conflict resolution, active participation, active listening, interpreting, cooperation and flexibility to allow for a successful self-managed team
- Must be able to clearly communicate ideas, problems and solutions to all levels of manufacturing management in both written and oral form
- Positively represent the company during tours by demonstrating techniques and sharing appropriate information
- Follow safety guidelines and utilize appropriate safety devices when performing all operations
- Participate in continuous improvement/quality initiatives in order to enhance production processes to achieve quality and profitability metrics
- Perform routine/preventative maintenance on applicable equipment to maximize efficiency, minimize accidents to enhance longer life of equipment and tools
- Maintain accurate records to ensure traveler and quality documents are accurate, all parts are traceable and quality issues can be addressed to assure the quality of all products Is cross trained in multiple areas/processes
- Identify, analyze, and implement manufacturing improvements (e.g., processes, yields, and productivity)
- Support process validation activities for continuing production and for new product introductions
- Set-up production processes using established procedures and processes
- Notifies supervisor of the need to replenish supplies/materials and of any production difficulties that cannot be readily corrected.
- Support all Divisional initiatives as identified by divisional management and in support of Quality Management Systems (QMS), Environmental Management Systems (EMS), and other regulatory requirements
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Previous warehouse, inventory, shipping, or packaging experience preferred
- Experience in GMP, ISO, and FDA controlled environments preferred
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Proficient computer usage skills
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- A fast-paced work environment where your safety is our priority
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.