Specialist, Metrology Tech Sys
We go where others won’t, taking on some of the biggest public health challenges to protect and enhance millions of lives, and create a better, more secure world. Here, you will join passionate professionals who advance their scientific, technical and professional skills to develop products designed-to protect and enhance life.
I: JOB SUMMARY
The Specialist, Metrology Technical Systems develops and evaluates calibration systems that measure characteristics of objects, substances, or phenomena, such as length, mass, time, temperature, electric current, luminous intensity, and derived units of physical or chemical measure: Identifies magnitude of error sources contributing to uncertainty of results to determine reliability of measurement process in quantitative terms. Redesign or adjust measurement capability to minimize errors. Develops calibration methods and techniques based on principles of measurement science, technical analysis of measurement problems, and accuracy and precision requirements. Provides training to junior Metrologist. Use electronic and hard copy systems to maintain detailed records of calibrations and conduct metrology-related administration.
II: ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
• Displays Emergent Core Values of Respect, Commitment, Empowerment, Communication and Innovation continually
• Coordinates and schedules calibration activities using the SAP Enterprise System.
• Maintains detailed records of calibration activities.
• Performs calibration and repairs of instrumentation necessary for maintaining production equipment, laboratory equipment and other auxiliary measurement systems.
• Directs calibration activities of outside calibration vendors.
• Analyze inspection, measuring, and testing equipment to determine the calibration requirements. Determine the functions to be verified and their specifications, the methods to be used and the measurement standards required.
• Prepare and test new calibration procedures.
• Analyze requirements for measurements standards and make recommendations.
• Performs engineering and statistical analyses of the equipment and historical data to determine appropriate calibration intervals to meet reliability goals.
• Uses the SAP system to create purchase orders for metrology-related expenses and to track invoices to ensure timely payment of vendors.
• Assists in qualification of equipment / facilities as needed.
• Assists in programming, maintenance and troubleshooting of programmable logic controllers and process/environmental monitoring systems.
• With direction from management the Senior Metrology Technical Systems Specialist assist with the new equipment integration process.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of work performed by those in this job. It is not an exhaustive list of all duties, and other duties may be assigned.
III: MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, SKILLS
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related discipline or High School diploma with 5-10 years’ experience
• Experience in industrial/pharmaceutical metrology setting preferred
• Basic knowledge of electronics and instrumentation systems required
• Detailed knowledge of calibration procedures and basic knowledge of programmable logic controllers is preferred
• SAP experience strongly preferred
• Must possess the ability to schedule many varied tasks and track them to completion.
IV: PHYSICAL/ MENTAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT CHARACTERISTICS
Per CDC guidelines, Emergent strongly recommends that all employees working on site are vaccinated to help ensure their safety, as well as the safety of fellow employees. This includes the use of good judgment when determining when the CDC guidelines advise that you stay home when ill.
There are physical/mental demands and work environment characteristics that must be met by an individual to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. This information is available upon request from the candidate.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform all essential functions.
Emergent BioSolutions is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and values the diversity of our workforce. Emergent does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristics protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Information submitted will be used by Emergent BioSolutions for activities related to your prospective employment. Emergent BioSolutions respects your privacy and any use of the information submitted will be subject to the terms of our [Register to View]
Emergent BioSolutions does not accept non-solicited resumes or candidate submittals from search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list. Unsolicited resumes or candidate information submitted to Emergent BioSolutions by search/recruiting agencies not already on Emergent BioSolutions’ approved agency list shall become the property of Emergent BioSolutions and if the candidate is subsequently hired by Emergent BioSolutions, Emergent BioSolutions shall not owe any fee to the submitting agency.