Clinical Specialist, MCS - Sacramento, CA
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] target="_blank"> Freedom 2 Save student debt program and [Register to View] target="_blank"> FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This is a field base position supporting the MCS business within Abbott Heart Failures.
In Abbott’s Heart Failure (HF) business, we’re developing solutions to diagnose, monitor and manage heart failure, allowing people to restore their health and get on with their lives.
What You’ll Work On
This position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
Key point of contact for clinical issues for assigned territory customers.
Training and educating customers on Abbott products per the approved educational materials and IFU's.
Heartline and Travel Call responsibility.
Attending implants to provide clinical support according to approved educational materials.
Strategic planning and execution to improve clinical outcomes and business objectives within the territory.
Effective and timely manage this position is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Key point of contact for clinical issues for assigned territory customers.
- Training and educating customers on Abbott products per the approved educational materials and IFU's.
- Heartline and Travel Call responsibility.
- Attending implants to provide clinical support according to approved educational materials.
- Strategic planning and execution to improve clinical outcomes and business objectives within territory.
- Effective and timely management of territory clinical issues, and process related issues, including: monthly reports, Concur expense reporting, SFA input, and PEC reporting.
- Effective communication and collaboration with territory team, clinical team, training and education, marketing, technical support and management teams.
- Communicate regularly with Clinical Manager.
- Awareness of and adherence to Advamed guidelines.
- Active continuing education to stay current on the clinical issues impacting MCS.
- Evaluates clinical and educational needs of customers.
- Designs, develops and implements quality educational programs.
- Actively participates in the communication of concepts and ideas designed to benefit customer support and educational efforts.
- Tracks industry trends to alert marketing to new product direction.
- Provides input into the strategic and tactical planning process.
- Responsible for providing technical and clinical support to customers and sales team.
- Coordinates and assists with the training of all centers in an assigned geographical region.
- Maintains contact with customers in order to assess clinical and educational needs.
- Evaluates customer needs and recommends appropriate product modifications.
- Creates, maintains, and updates educational materials.
- Assists in the promotion of Abbott's product to prospective clients in cooperation with the sales team.
- Evaluates product viability and planned product improvements and modifications.
- Completes clinical reports as requested by management, and completes all additional documentation requested by management in a timely basis.
- Protects and acts responsibly toward all company equipment and confidential information.
- Provides support at Tradeshows as requested by management.
- Undergraduate Degree in Nursing or some other medical discipline. Graduate Degree desirable.
- 5 years heart failure experience or equivalent preferred.
- Background in Nursing, Circulatory Support or Cardiology.
- Nursing (ICU or CCU), clinical publications, and group presentations desirable.
- Computer literacy.
- Highly motivated, have excellent written and verbal communications skills, great desire to help others, composed under stress and well organized.
- MCS (mechanical circulatory support) experience highly desirable.
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter [Register to View] base pay for this position is $56,700.00 – $113,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.