District Sales Manager. Therapeutic Nutrition - Northwestern U.S.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our territory in the Northwestern U.S. currently has an opportunity for a District Sales Manager for our Therapeutic Nutrition department.
The District Sales Manager is responsible for providing tactical and administrative management for the planning, development and controlling of activities to ensure sales and share increases for the district, while effectively utilizing budgeted funds allocated to all territories within the district and upholding and promoting corporate policies and objectives.
This territory will include coverage of Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Southwest Idaho. The ideal candidate would be based out of the Bay Area or Sacramento, CA.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Specific responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- 50% - Developing territory manager's skills to ensure sales and share growth, may be done through training, coaching, inspiring, etc. Working in the field (avg. 10 times per Rep) annually and completing the associated documentation needed to support the visit (TM Evaluation, follow letter, etc.)
- 25% - Team/ human resources management functions (such as evaluating performance, providing performance improvement coaching, writing performance appraisals, etc.) Performing recruitment and selection duties such as sourcing, interviewing and maintaining a diverse candidate pool, participating in job fairs, maintaining a file of qualified candidates in the event of turnover.
- 20 % - Administrative - Driving the business through proper resource allocation and budgeting (such as gratis and expenses); communicating with Regional Director regarding issues and opportunities
- 5% - Special Projects such as - Conducting meetings, training sessions, etc.
Accountability / Scope/Budget:
- District Budget including managing financial and marketing resources
- Accountability for district staff of Sales Representatives
- Ability to travel; mandatory for all sales meetings
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum of 3 years sales leadership experience. Preferably 5-10 years.
- Master ability in technical products sales, conduct, written and verbal communication
- Ability to adapt personal style to meet the needs of others
- Strong organization and planning skills
- Demonstrated strength in training
- Demonstrated strength in strategic thinking, decision making, teamwork, initiative, driving the business
- Ability to understand and implement field sales directives and management policies
[Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $102,700.00 – $205,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.