Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and your family, be your true self, and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Excellent retirement savings plan with a high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the Freedom 2 Save student debt program, and FreeU education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune. A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as the best place to work for diverse, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Abbott Rapid Diagnostics is part of Abbott’s Diagnostics family of businesses, bringing together exceptional teams of experts and industry-leading technologies to support diagnostic testing which provides important information for the treatment and management of diseases and other conditions.
The position of POCT Coordinator will develop and maintain existing and new client relationships through an exceptional customer-focused attitude either directly or through coordination with Account Managers and Sales when applicable. The Coordinator is the primary liaison between Abbott and its client base. Ensuring that all daily tasks coming from internal and external customers are handled in a timely and accurate manner is a critical part of the role. While also being available to lead and facilitate special projects based on client needs. The POCT Coordinator must adhere to deadlines, be willing to learn new tasks, be able to successfully interact with partners and clients, and balance multiple projects.
This job description will be reviewed periodically and is subject to change by management.
What You’ll Work On
• Address client needs as they occur through outbound and inbound customer correspondence via video, telephone, and email while demonstrating a strong sense of customer service.
• Work proactively to identify opportunities for Abbott to better assist clients in their successes.
• Identify and implement strategies that achieve organizational goals.
• Train/update clients on new technology, product offerings, and pricing of those products.
• Meet and maintain productivity, quality, and attendance performance metrics.
• Assist as needed with coverage, related to staffing needs and workloads.
• Assist with special projects as needed and assigned.
• Support client meetings as needed.
• Assist with resolving unbilled services and collection efforts led by Accounting.
• Knowledge of all product offerings.
- Four-year degree from an accredited college or university or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated ability to provide customer service to various-sized enterprise accounts.
- Experience with corporate culture along with the ability to manage customer relations via phone, email, and in-person.
- Must be a technology-minded person with a comfort level using internal and Microsoft Office applications; creating and maintaining Excel spreadsheets; using digital conference applications (WebEx, Teams); using CRMs; and other similar platforms to track projects and document details.
- Knowledge of Abbott products and software applications a plus
- Needs to understand data and be able to communicate findings to leadership.
- Must be an extremely organized person who can manage several open issues and continue to work on them until closed with a resolution; while working on special projects
- Must have proven skills and experience in extensive interactive client relationships
- Must have strong organizational, follow-up skills and attention to details to successfully manage competing priorities and build credibility with clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and exercise judgment
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to self-motivate
- Ability to interface with other departments to manage needed deliverables for clients
- Ability to work in a matrix environment
- Track record of goal achievement
* Participants who complete a short wellness assessment qualify for FREE coverage in our HIP PPO medical plan. Free coverage applies in the next calendar year.
Learn more about our health and wellness benefits, which
provide the security to help you and your family live full lives: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to
Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your
future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $22.07 – $44.13 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.