Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Des Plaines, IL
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of .
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Des Plaines, IL Headquarters of Abbott Molecular, We are a division of Abbott Laboratories, a global, diversified healthcare innovator with a legacy of pioneering work in medical diagnostics.
- Possesses well developed skills in editing, rewriting, or otherwise preparing for publication manuscripts on clinical studies and scientific reports including special summaries from raw data for submission to the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) or for in-company use, monographs, comprehensive reviews, scientific exhibits and other projects requiring skill in medical communication.
- Complies, analyzes and summarizes additional data from other sources as needed.
- Prepares sales education materials and manuals for sales, product brochures and literature for new products, and revises existing literature.
- Writes and maintains files on informative journal abstracts According to current or estimated future needs.
- Composes medical papers from outlines provided by doctors for presentations.
- May prepare responses regarding company products, drugs or diseases and refers in-depth technical inquiries to medical personnel.
- Requires knowledge of product areas, current developments and keeping abreast of current literature.
- Adobe InDesign and Adobe Illustrator
- Minimum 1 year experience
- Associates or Bachelor’s Degree required
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that can help you build your future and live your best life. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $62,700.00 – $125,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.