Inside Sales Representative, Therapeutic Nutrition - Columbus, OH
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
Our nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Our location in Columbus, Ohio, currently has an opportunity for an Inside Sales Representative in our Therapeutic Nutrition space.
An assignment as an inside sales representative is intended to be 12 to 24 months in duration and is designed to accelerate and promote high-performing internal sales representatives into the Abbott Nutrition Field Sales organization. The assignment is designed to train and develop future field sales representatives and provide the experience and knowledge necessary to be successful in their future Field Sales role. The assignment allows the internal sales representative to become familiar with Abbott’s comprehensive nutrition products, brand portfolios, and marketing practices.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- The internal sales representative will develop effective selling skills by way of phone selling to field customer account locations.
- The representative will have assigned field territories, including coverage of active vacant field territories.
- The representative will receive coaching feedback regarding effective professionalism and call quality to enhance their selling skills.
- The representative will also have monthly budgetary responsibilities for the respective territory.
- Assignment activities will include Field Sales force training, marketing promotions, and product extension program training.
- The internal sales representative will work with both internal and field mentors for continued skill development.
- The representative will also participate in field events such as sales leadership meetings and program conventions.
- The representative must be willing to relocate to cities throughout the country to obtain a Field Sales force position.
- Relocation is required for most positions and relocation assistance is provided.
- The ISR is accountable for product responsibilities in the following types of healthcare facilities: 400-500 pediatric/family practices in a given territory, as well as coverage of approximately 30 outbound accounts maintained during sales territory vacancies.
- Ongoing support is also provided to up to several hundred WIC clinics in each territory.
- The main focus of accountability lies in the area of ensuring that the ISR positively influences the product decisions of the HCP.
- It is mandatory that the representative in this position is personally aware of and performs in a manner in compliance with all federal, state, and corporate regulations regarding Abbott Nutrition products.
- This includes our Corporate Code of Conduct.
- The ISR must appropriately manage HCP concerns regarding pediatric nutritional products, patient conditions, patient education, reimbursement issues, and continuing education credits.
- If the representative gives incorrect information, misuse of the product could result.
- The impact of such misuse could result in the administration of inappropriate nutrition, illness and/or death.
- Occurrences such as these could jeopardize the entire corporation’s public image.
- Regulatory citations or litigations are possible, and the liability of Abbott Nutrition could run into millions of dollars.
- Sales presentations and sample allocation both play a major role in Abbott Nutrition customer satisfaction.
- The ISR has discretion regarding the allocation of his/her individual budget for short-term trialing purposes and service materials.
- The representative is responsible for managing a territory budget and is expected to, based upon sales direction, utilize the appropriate budgetary guidelines that bring maximum benefit to the customer and to Abbott Nutrition.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferred in Communication, Business, or Human Ecology/Food and Nutrition. Continued development of effective selling skills and knowledge of Abbott Nutrition products.
- Successful Completion of all Abbott required training programs. Included in these programs are Field Sales and Internal Sales training sessions and Field Sales work-withs.
- Successful development of confident facilitation and presentations skills.
- Attendance and participation in required sales conventions and meetings.
- Successful completion of department assigned call productivity standards.
- Participation in call quality coaching sessions to enhance and develop selling skills.
- Monthly budget responsibilities for product gratis and literature distribution.
- Proficiency in computer skills and use of marketing databases.
- Demonstration of Abbott Leadership Core Competencies as required.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $20.53 – $41.07 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.