Senior Product Manager (Data & Analytics)
Senior Product Manager (Data & Analytics)
Role based at our locations in: Irvine, Ware, Stevenage or GSK House
Office 2-3 days a week required
We create a place where people can grow, be their best, be safe, and feel welcome, valued and included. We offer a competitive salary, an annual bonus based on company performance, healthcare and wellbeing programmes, pension plan membership, and shares and savings programme.
We embrace modern work practices; our Performance with Choice programme offers a hybrid working model, empowering you to find the optimal balance between remote and in-office work.
Discover more about our company wide benefits and life at GSK on our webpage Life at GSK | GSK
As a Senior Product Manager (reporting to the Senior Director for MSAT and Quality D&A Products) you will own and manage a range of Data & Analytics (D&A) Products for the MSAT (Manufacturing Science & Technology) and Quality functions within GSK’s Pharmaceutical and Vaccines Supply Chains.
Acting as the bridge (and translator) between the business functions and GSK’s Digital & Technology teams (which include Subject Matter Experts and external third-party organisations), you will work closely with senior business leaders (including Site and Functional leads) to identify opportunities (including prioritising work and defining high-level requirements). You will then work closely with business experts and data/tech specialists (including architects, scrum-masters, data engineers, data modelers and data scientists) to ensure the identified opportunities are successfully translated into D&A solutions leveraging GSK’s Enterprise Data Platform.
Day-to-day you will use your data analytics, business domain and product management expertise to define and refine D&A product visions, strategies and roadmaps to drive the design and delivery of high-quality D&A solutions (to enable the company to achieve its objectives). Your responsibilities will extend to overseeing an annual budgetary spend as you work with up to 15 third-party data/tech specialists.
D&A Products currently being delivered by the team include: automation solutions for the generation of essential dashboards/reports for hundreds of global users, laboratory analysis solutions using ai/ml to analyse lab-images more rapidly and efficiently than humans, solutions using Generative AI to accelerate content analysis and creation workflows.
Key Responsibilities (includes):
- Understanding needs, business processes and data requirements of customer-groups and users, and manage key business relationships for your D&A products
- Combining business understanding with knowledge of established and emerging D&A capabilities to identify and cultivate D&A use-cases from ideas into potential D&A products
- Creating clear and compelling D&A Product vision, strategy and roadmap to deliver value across the Product lifecycle in line with strategies and priorities of customers
- Thinking and acting with agility, using experimentation, user demos and other sources of rapid feedback to iteratively refine the D&A Product Roadmap and backlog throughout the Product lifecycle
- Owning D&A Product backlog and actively participating in quarterly and sprint planning to ensure the development team’s work is appropriately prioritised based on value, cost, dependencies and other relevant factors
- Overseeing development team of internal and external D&A experts and enabling them to be effective by ensuring they have clear requirements to design and deliver against, by making timely decisions and by working with customers and other Product teams to reduce dependencies and remove blockers
- Engaging with D&A Architecture team and others to ensure D&A Product technical design aligns with target architecture and established standards
- Confirming delivery from development team meets the business requirements and creates the expected value in line with business KPIs
- Ensuring overall quality and compliance of D&A Product including GxP Validation if required
- Coaching and guiding wider product team, promoting a culture of continuous improvement
Location / Travel: You will be based in the UK ideally at one of the Manufacturing Sites (or at GSK House). Please note that there are some UK-wide travel requirements for the role dependent on organizational need (circa 15%).
This role is an interface role and good influencing, and communication skills are essential. You will utilise your technical skills, knowledge and experience to add value to the sites and above-site functions that you interact with. As a strong and credible Product Manager, you will be able to lead multi-disciplinary and cross-functional teams (many of whom will not be in your direct management hierarchy) to deliver high-quality Data & Analytics solutions.
- Relevant qualification to Degree-level (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Engineering, Product Management or equivalent technical field)
- Strong relevant experience of Data & Analytics Product Management (ideally within a cloud environment like Azure)
- Awareness of regulatory expectations regarding data integrity and use of software for regulated business processes
Following experiences and knowledge would be preferable but not essential:
- Microsoft Azure accreditation and experience with Azure Data Factory, Databricks, Collibra and Erwin
- Relevant pharmaceutical industry experience (e.g. in R&D, Quality or Manufacturing)
- Practical experience using tools such as PowerBI and PowerApps to rapidly prototype data and analytics solutions
- Experience with delivering solutions with embedded AI capabilities
- Agile Product Management certification (e.g. SAFe)
- Experience delivering GxP-validated software or working in a GxP life sciences role
Closing Date for Applications – 12th October 2023
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert.
When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above. The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on [Register to View] or 0[Register to View] . Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.