Systems Engineer III
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You’ll also have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- An excellent retirement savings plan with high employer contribution
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Alameda, CA location in the Abbott Diabetes Care Division, where we are focused on helping people with diabetes manage their health with life-changing products that provide accurate data to drive better-informed decisions. We’re revolutionizing the way people monitor their glucose levels with our new sensing technology.
This Systems Engineer III is responsible for participating in the development of new products and assisting with finding solutions to product development problems of limited scope. This person will participate in system level design documentation and requirements specification. They will also develop and follow specialized procedures in executing experiments, evaluation and documentation of results. Lastly, they’ll be expected to develop working relationships both internally/externally.
What you’ll work on
- Participate in product definition, system architecture, requirements writing, requirements management, requirements analysis, risk analysis, hazard analysis, product test and evaluation, System V & V, and/or design control documentation.
- Participate in development of new products/systems.
- Participate in optimizing design processes.
- Design and conduct system level characterization/verification of complex systems.
- Collect, organize, analyze, and document test results.
- Participate in integration of analytical and performance related elements with software, hardware, and electronics system components.
- Communicate effectively and participate on cross functional development teams.
- Responsible for utilizing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Failure to properly integrate all systems could result in product introduction delays and quality issues.
- Bachelors Degree (± 16 years) in an engineering or scientific discipline.
- Experienced in one or more of the following: Electro-mechanical, software, mathematical, chemical or biochemical technologies as they pertain to the design, integration, evaluation and commercialization of diagnostic systems
- Ability to work on many subjects concurrently
What We Offer
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to employee diversity.
Connect with us at [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $82,100.00 – $164,100.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.