Guide Wire Operator I-FG
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Guide Wire Operator I
Abbott is a global healthcare leader, creating breakthrough science to improve people’s health. We’re always looking towards the future, anticipating changes in medical science and technology.
Working at Abbott
At Abbott, you can do work that matters, grow, and learn, care for yourself and family, be your true self and live a full life. You will have access to:
- Career development with an international company where you can grow the career you dream of.
- Health Insurance (starting on Day 1 of employment), Savings Plan (401K) with company match, Life insurance for you and your spouse/children, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Education Assistance, Employee Assistance Program, Vacation, Sick, Personal Days.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
This position works out of our Barceloneta location in the Abbott Vascular Division and support the Second shift in FG Area. Abbott Vascular provides innovative, minimally invasive, and cost-effective products for treatment of vascular disease.
As a Guide Wire Operator I you will provide support achieve the daily production, quality and safety commitments. Performs a wide variety of electronic, manual, mechanical or electromechanical assembly operations in assemblies or sub-assemblies. Organize and operate automatic or semi-automatic machinery.
What You’ll Do
- Assemble, repair, inspect and/or test products following defined manufacturing procedures.
- Operate a variety of machinery or manufacturing equipment following defined procedures.
- Adhere to quality and compliance company guidelines.
- Adhere and follow all safety guidelines including adequate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Follow good documentation practices defined in operating procedures.
- Dispose of waste of toxic material in the corresponding areas.
- Train other employees, when necessary.
- Keeps all certifications of your position up to date, as required to maintain compliance.
- May require performing other operational tasks for the department, as assigned.
- High school diploma is required. No previous manufacturing experience is required.
- Ability to read and understand basic instructions and other work-related documents written in the English language.
- Requires basic interpretation of documents that define the practices and procedures of the production area.
- Maintain confidentiality in information sensitive to the processes, company and/or documents used.
The base pay for this position is $10.00 – $14.00 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.