Associate Scientist (Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm)
About the Role
Hours: Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Note: This is subject to change and could move to a 4-day workweek down the road.
Novartis is unable to offer relocation support for this role: please only apply if this location is accessible for you.
365 days a year, we aspire to be the best manufacturer of Cell & Gene therapies to ensure our patients have the treatments they need to live longer, healthier lives.
Under general direction, perform testing and other activities in functions supporting the Quality Control department (Micro/EM, QC Bio-assay, and raw materials, as appropriate).
• Perform Bio-Analytical testing such as Flow, ELISA, cell count, cell viability, qPCR.
• Perform micro/EM testing such as environmental monitoring, gram stain, sterility, endotoxin, and mycoplasma.
• Perform raw material testing such as HPLC, GC, FTIR, osmolarity, UV/VIS, polarimeter, refractometer, and viscometer.
• Maintain controls and reference standards to support testing. Maintenance of Cell Lines and cell banks.
• Review/approve data generated by other team members.
• Perform method qualification/optimization of methods as per appropriate protocols.
• Contribute to OOS/OOE investigations and deviation investigations.
• Support 5S and Lean projects.
• Knowledge of LabWare LIMS and/or other QC data systems.
• Maintain GMP/GLP quality systems and follows quality policies