Director Global Travel and Meeting Operations
As Director Global Travel and Meeting Operations, you will have responsibility for global operations relating to Travel and Meetings. This role will have direct regional reports in Americas, EMEA and APAC. You will operate as a key resource, working in tandem with the team's leadership and help strategically operate and develop the organization.
The role includes improving the service delivery of the travel management company on a global basis, ensuring all travellers are supported receiving the best possible travel experience and providing information to the business leaders around the travel program performance. This is a great opportunity to become immersed in the Global Travel, Meetings and Events program working closely with Tier 1 vendors, stakeholders and cross-functional teams to ensure we are within policy. Close monitoring and analytics of Travel, Meetings & Expense spend will be required to optimise GSK spend. This is a high-risk category requiring duty of care. The position will report directly into Sr Director of Travel, Expense, M&E and Payments.
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, these responsibilities include some of the following:
- Manage the travel and meetings operational strategy
- Manage the travel and global meetings operations with key suppliers
- Develop the strategy with the head of travel governance for meetings and travel systems
- Manage the M&A activity for travel, meetings, card and expenses
- Develop the sustainability strategy for travel and meetings
- Develop and manage the DEI strategy for travel and meetings
- Ensure that the voice of the customer is embedded in process and strategy
- Assist the GPO T&E process owner in the development of plans and process for senior manager sign off
- Deputise for the GPO T&E Owner at SteerCo’s or working groups where required
- Lead specific T&E global projects
- Develop stakeholder map and engagement planning for TEM&E
- Interact with external suppliers to ensure delivery and compliance to the TEM&E global strategies in alignment
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrated professional experience in travel and meeting program management
- Experience in leadership role
- Excellent knowledge in travel & meetings operations, supporting tools, metrics, and leading practices
- Knowledge of travel booking systems like GDS, Concur, Cvent platform etc
- Ability to understand travel data, establish business cases and deliver supporting analysis of travel spend
- Strong management, marketing and analytical skills
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Proven ability to build strong working relationships with vendors and stakeholders
- Proven ability to problem-solve creatively and strategically
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE – 26th November 2023
Please take a copy of the Job Description, as this will not be available post closure of the advert. When applying for this role, please use the ‘cover letter’ of the online application or your CV to describe how you meet the competencies for this role.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we are open to all talent. In the US, we also adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to neurodiversity, race/ethnicity, colour, national origin, religion, gender, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class*(*US only).
We believe in an agile working culture for all our roles. If flexibility is important to you, we encourage you to explore with our hiring team what the opportunities are.
Should you require any adjustments to our process to assist you in demonstrating your strengths and capabilities contact us on [Register to View] or 0[Register to View] . Please note should your enquiry not relate to adjustments, we will not be able to support you through these channels
As you apply, we will ask you to share some personal information which is entirely voluntary. We want to have an opportunity to consider a diverse pool of qualified candidates and this information will assist us in meeting that objective and in understanding how well we are doing against our inclusion and diversity ambitions. We would really appreciate it if you could take a few moments to complete it. Rest assured, Hiring Managers do not have access to this information and we will treat your information confidentially.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.
We’re moving towards a more sustainable future with our new headquarters. With better public transport links and proximity to world-class science and technology institutions, we’re excited for our move to the vicinity of Earnshaw Street, London WC1A (“the New HQ”) by end H1 2024.