Manager Production -Weekend Shift
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Casa Grande, Ariz., is one of Abbott’s leading nutrition manufacturing plants in the U.S., reflecting our commitment to innovation and excellence. But we’re more than just a company, we’re a family. Working here you’ll be part of a family that works together to make a difference and enhance the lives of millions worldwide.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays.
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities.
Friday Saturday, Sunday, Monday
Friday and Monday 8 hour shifts 8:00 am-4:30 pm
Saturday and Sunday 12 hour shifts 7:00 am-7:00 pm
WHAT YOU’LL DO
Will manage leaders and operators along dryer operations and powder operation lines.
What you'll do:
- Responsible for the overall results for multi-shift manufacturing operations resources for a manufacturing line(s); directly mentors and coaches' other Front-Line leaders who are accountable for shift performance on the line.
- Accountable to ensure understanding by these individuals of result delivery impact of their shift on the overall results of the multi-shift line or department.
- Model and promote the behaviors that ensure delivery of high-quality products for our customers while championing compliance with Abbott policies and procedures, meeting all local and statutory requirements and adhering to the regulatory requirements of countries to which products are shipped.
- Train others in understanding for operator engagement and involvement in cost management
- Establish financial statements, key performance measures and hold accountability for line budgetary decisions.
- Track, trend and continuously improve key performance measures.
- Establish financial performance goals for areas such as OEE, labor, downtime, units per hour, CIP and material usage (Note: This list is not all inclusive)
- Directly supervise team and lead staffing activities
- Assures team members are trained and understand duties, responsibilities and performance against established expectations.
- Provide timely coaching, counseling and feedback.
- Takes personal accountability to consistently meet and/or exceed manufacturing performance expectations and is an acknowledged expert in delivering key performance metrics and training and developing others to meet organizational requirements of leaders.
- This position will require minimal direction and supervision from direct manager with a high degree of autonomy for decision making, utilizing escalation when needed.
- Capable of leading and executing effective change management strategies
- Direct and lead change within both own and other cross functional work groups
- High level of engagement with cross functional teams at peer and site leadership levels
- Will create a learning environment and support individuals in their development and growth, through utilization of the Learning and Development and Talent Management System plans.
- Understands and effectively uses change management to improve the organization and expected results delivery.
- Deputize for direct manager where required.
- Present to peers and site management teams
- Lead escalation reporting process with autonomy to make decision for immediate action.
- Play a lead role during audits and site visits for internal to Abbott and external resources as required.
- Budgetary Management responsibility up to $12MM USD
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- Bachelor’s degree in business, science, food technology, technical or engineering.
- Demonstrated excellent oral/written communication and presentation skills.
- Coaching and development skills
- Influencing and collaboration skills
- Change management leadership skills.
- Advanced problem-solving skills
- Finance and budgetary management accountability
- Project management skills
- Strategic planning skills
- Experience managing other Production Supervisors
- 5+ years’ experience in manufacturing leadership role.
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View]
Follow your career aspirations to Abbott for diverse opportunities with a company that provides the growth and strength to build your future. Abbott is an Equal Opportunity and Military/Veteran friendly Employer, committed to employee diversity.
The base pay for this position is $90,700.00 – $181,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.