We make and supply medicines and vaccines all around the globe and our teams own every production stage, from creating quality products at our manufacturing sites to designing effective supply forecasting and regulatory inspections; all powered by digital, data and analytics. We operate at impressive scale, producing over 1.7 billion packs of medicine and 767 vaccine doses in 2021.
We continue to modernize, so we can launch even more new products at speed whilst turbo-charging delivery across our entire portfolio through our relentless focus on quality, safety, and service. The way we work will change. For some, the shift in technology and products will be revolutionary. Our R&D pipeline demands a new kind of supply chain, and we need the very best minds and capability to help us on our journey to make more complex products, harnessing the power of automation and robotics so we can work smarter together.
As an MES Engineer, you will provide intermediate level technical support of manufacturing execution systems (Syncade) in a biopharmaceutical manufacturing facility. Provide technical backstop support of daily operations and drive continuous improvement and scaling of the existing footprint
This role will provide YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career. These responsibilities include some of the following:
- Provide support and technical subject matter expertise to the site’s deployments of Emerson Syncade (manufacturing execution system). Ensure the reliable performance and continuous improvement/optimization the MES footprint.
- Recipe authoring, Equipment, Material, Order Management, software development and testing.
- Troubleshoot plant floor MES execution and integration issues.
- Change Control, Validation, and Qualification Management of system changes.
- Compliance and inspection readiness of MES.
- Maintain and upkeep Syncade through administration and break/fix support of related systems, networks, integrations, databases, and accounts.
- Able to query and assess the Syncade data warehouse (SQL).
- Perform hotfix upgrades in Syncade. Includes assessing change impact, provisioning in kind, performing the upgrade, testing, and hypercare.
- Understand SC Consumer, Business Integrator and Event Monitor and troubleshoot performance and function of each component as it relates to the complete MES solution design (including other integrated systems and operational context).
- Provide technical consultation for functional stewardship of Syncade batch reports including Infobatch stylesheets as well as relevant integrations and DB connections.
- Understand the flow of data among business and operational technology systems, with a focus on Syncade, including technical nuances as well as operational context to make sense of the end to end flow.
- Improve Department performance and posture through continuous improvement (e.g. procedural, way of working, capability, etc.).
- Contribute to further scaling of Syncade by providing key input to solution design as well as project/executional design. Contribute to related capital investments. Rationalize performance and investment with business impact.
- Collaborate with Operations and building stakeholders throughout the software or system development lifecycle: gather system/end user requirements; complete design, implementation, and testing/validation of changes; document changes; maintain and monitor the system; ensure end user readiness.
- Work in a way that models respect for safety and EHS, quality compliance, data integrity, and engineering standards.
We are looking for professionals with these required skills to achieve our goals:
- BS/BA in engineering, computer science, IT, or equivalent technical discipline
- OR 4+ years of MES experience in Life Sciences in lieu education
- 3+ years engineering, troubleshooting, and solutions design of Emerson Syncade , Körber/Werum PAS-X, Siemens Opcenter Execution Pharma (Simatic EBR), POMS, Rockwell PharmaSuite, or other Life Sciences focuse MES systems.
- 2+ years working in a GMP manufacturing setting
If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Windows Server Administration including
- Active Directory and Security Models
- TCP/IP Networking, Routing, Ports and Firewalls
- Internet Information Services (IIS), Secure Website Administration, ASP
- Remote Desktop Services
- Event Monitoring, Services, Registry, Scripting Technologies such as vbscript
- Database Administration and Design (SQL)
- XML/XSL. Web services.
- Emerson SC Consumer, Business Integrator, and Event Monitor.
- SAP PPM Understanding, Use, and Integration
- OPC Client/Server Architecture and Troubleshooting
- S95/S88 Batch Execution Systems such as DeltaV Campaign Manager/Batch Executive/Batch Historian
- Informetric Systems Infobatch. XSLT.
Please visit [Register to View] to learn more about the comprehensive benefits program GSK offers US employees.
GSK is a global biopharma company with a special purpose – to unite science, technology and talent to get ahead of disease together – so we can positively impact the health of billions of people and deliver stronger, more sustainable shareholder returns – as an organization where people can thrive. Getting ahead means preventing disease as well as treating it, and we aim to positively impact the health of 2.5 billion people by the end of 2030.
Our success absolutely depends on our people. While getting ahead of disease together is about our ambition for patients and shareholders, it’s also about making GSK a place where people can thrive. We want GSK to be a workplace where everyone can feel a sense of belonging and thrive as set out in our Equal and Inclusive Treatment of Employees policy. We’re committed to being more proactive at all levels so that our workforce reflects the communities we work and hire in, and our GSK leadership reflects our GSK workforce.
GSK is an Equal Opportunity Employer and, in the US, we adhere to Affirmative Action principles. This ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK’s compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK’s Transparency Reporting [Register to View] site.