Sr Controls Engineer - Sturgis, MI Plant
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Nourish the world and your career as part of the Nutrition team at Abbott.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
For over 70 years, Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., has been impacting its community while producing products that provide essential nutrition to millions of families around the world. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family that is dedicated to making a difference and helping others.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Free medical coverage for employees* via the Health Investment Plan (HIP) PPO
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 personal days + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Tuition reimbursement, the [Register to View] student debt program and [Register to View] education benefit - an affordable and convenient path to getting a bachelor’s degree.
- A company recognized as a great place to work in dozens of countries around the world and named one of the most admired companies in the world by Fortune.
- A company that is recognized as one of the best big companies to work for as well as a best place to work for diversity, working mothers, female executives, and scientists.
- A stable company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU'LL DO
The Sr Controls Engineer implements and maintains plant equipment, systems and other fixed assets to a high standard of safety, quality and productivity at the lowest possible cost while maintaining compliance with all applicable regulatory requirements. This role provides electrical, controls system, software and instrument support to all aspects of the operation.
- Apply working knowledge of engineering disciplines
- Independently conceive and develop approaches to problem solving that require advanced technical knowledge
- Solve problems that have a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of conventional materials and difficult coordination requirements
- Plan schedules, conduct or coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project, or in a total project of moderate scope
- Facilitate the definition of a project scope with clients
- Apply new technology where feasible
- Direct the efforts of others such as technicians and outside resources
- Interface with project team members, department managers, designers, R&D and Corporate and Division Engineering
- Perform tasks such as writing RCEs, VCRs, Scope Documents, etc.
- Manage capital projects
- Perform other work related duties as assigned
B.S. in Engineering or applicable work experience, with an emphasis on electronics, controls systems and software.
- 6+ years experience in engineering/project management or advanced education to achieve level of skill
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Possesses a working technical knowledge and application of concepts, practices and procedures
- Works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data involves a review of identifiable factors
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Strong leadership skills
- Interacts well with diverse groups within the operation and maintains strong working relationships with internals in a collaborative, fast-paced goal-driven environment
- Listens to and understands others’ points of view; possesses interpersonal skills to negotiate and reconcile differences
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory standards and requirements for infant formula and nutritional’s
- Experience with Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs) – Allen Bradley and Modicon (Schneider Electric)
- Data Historian Programming – OSI soft
- Experience with SCADA system development – GE IFIX
- Experience with Human Machine Interface (HMI) programming – GE IFIX, Allen Bradley Factory Talk, Ignition
- Work experience in the food/medical industry under FDA regulation
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews
The base pay for this position is $72,700.00 – $145,300.00. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.