Machine Operator - Processing 2nd Shift
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 115,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
Our Nutrition business develops science-based nutrition products for people of all ages, from helping babies and children grow, to keeping adult bodies strong and active. Millions of people around the world count on our leading brands – including Similac®, PediaSure®, Pedialyte®, Ensure®, Glucerna® and ZonePerfect® – to help get the nutrients they need to live their healthiest life.
Abbott’s Sturgis, Mich., location is an award-winning nutrition manufacturing plant, which recently celebrated its 70th anniversary as part of the community. Working here, you’ll feel part of a family – a family of 500 that works together to help nourish the world.
WHAT WE OFFER
At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Production areas that are clean, well-lit and temperature-controlled
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs, Medical Benefits start day 1
- Vacation – 3 weeks of accrued vacation (1st yr is prorated) + vacation buy program + 3 floating holidays + 10 paid holidays
- Company Paid Pension Plan
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match of 5%
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- This is an entry level position is for our Processing department.
- Responsible for the manufacturing of liquid adult, pediatric, and medical nutritional products. Including lifting and physical handling of raw ingredients during the weighing, staging and manufacturing processes, operation of scales, portable pumps, container rinsers, homogenizers, dry blending, and any other related processing equipment
- Learn and perform hand cleaning, clean-in-place (CIP), heat treatment systems, cleaning-out-of-place (COP), routine housekeeping, and other cleaning and sanitization tasks as assigned by leadership
- Interact with computer systems that are integrated into the manufacturing process along with word order documentation of the manufacturing steps
- Preparation/operation/monitoring/documentation of bulk slurries for blending operations, heat treatment processes, controlled weigh system of batch ingredients, and any other applicable systems and documents that are required to operate these systems
- Operation/monitoring/documentation of a computer-controlled clean-in-place (CIP) system utilized for manufacturing equipment (i.e. tanks, heat treatment system, vessels, etc.)
- Receive and unloading of bulk raw ingredients and CIP chemicals and material movements/staging of ingredients with a powdered industrial forklift
- Ability to troubleshoot equipment breakdowns
- Accountable for meeting our compliance standards including FDA, OSHA, SQF, along with any other applicable compliance standards as well as following all applicable Abbott policies and procedures
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to continuously lift up to 50lbs throughout the shift
- At least 6 months of food manufacturing experience
- Mechanical aptitude, solid problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] , on Facebook at [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View] and on Twitter @AbbottNews and [Register to View] base pay for this position is $19.55 – $39.15 per hour. In specific locations, the pay range may vary from the range posted.