Sr. Manager - Data Engineering, Governance Automation
Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
We are looking for an experienced Sr. Manager of Data Engineering with a specific focus on governance automation to join our organization. In this role, you will be responsible for leading a small team of engineers to create automated solutions to support our data and AI governance initiatives. In this role, you'll be responsible for acting as a technical leader and mentor to a team of junior engineers, helping ideate and prototype various solutions to improve the governance experience for data owners, stewards, and users. The ideal candidate has a strong understanding of data management and governance practices and brings hands-on experience deploying and managing applications in the public cloud, driving automated integration and deployment through DevOps, and data governance practices.
- Lead the development and implementation of data governance automation strategies, frameworks, and processes to ensure the effective and efficient management of data across the organization.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define and enforce data governance policies and standards through automated mechanisms.
- Design, build, and maintain scalable and reliable data engineering solutions that enable efficient data governance operations.
- Oversee the integration of data governance tools and technologies with existing infrastructure, ensuring seamless automation and monitoring of data governance processes.
- Provide technical expertise and guidance to the team, ensuring best practices are followed in data engineering, cloud technologies, and DevOps.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest industry trends and advancements in cloud, data engineering, and data governance domains, and assess their suitability for the organization.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to understand their data governance needs, identify gaps, and recommend appropriate automation solutions.
- Mentor, and manage a team of data engineers, providing technical leadership and fostering a culture of continuous learning and development.
- 6+ year in data engineering, cloud technologies, automation, orchestration, and DevOps, preferably in a leadership capacity.
- 5+ years of experience with data governance principles, frameworks, and best practices.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and implementing data engineering solutions using cloud platforms such as GCP, Azure, or AWS.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in DevOps programming, such as Python, Java, Bash, Node.js, Terraform, Jenkins, C+, and/or C#.
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working with data processing frameworks such as MapReduce.
- Excellent knowledge of data governance/data management tools and technologies, and experience in implementing automated governance processes.
- Familiarity with data quality management, metadata management, and data lineage concepts.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to rapidly iterate on business requirements to deliver technical solutions.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Relevant certifications, such as Certified Data Management Professional (CDMP), Google Associate Cloud Engineer, or Google Professional Data Engineer
Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field.
The typical pay range for this role is:$120,750.00 - $240,000.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above. This position also includes an award target in the company's equity award program.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off ('PTO') or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit [Register to View]
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through [Register to View] If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.[Register to View] />