Bring your heart to CVS Health. Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand - with heart at its center - our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver.
Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable.
Health is everything. At CVS Health we are committed to increasing access, lowering costs and improving quality of care. Millions of times a day, we're helping people on their path to better health- from advising on prescriptions to helping manage chronic and specialty conditions. Because we're present in so many moments, big and small, we have an active, supportive role in shaping the future of health care. Pharmacy Inventory Specialist are at the forefront of our purpose as they deliver compassionate care to our millions of patients every day.
This position provides an opportunity in a leading retail pharmacy setting to excel in a complex, high impact patient focused role and positively impact the lives of others. The ideal candidate must be able to triage pharmacy tasks, balance efficiency with accuracy, work both independently and as a team in a fast- paced environment, and achieve excellence in customer service through compassion and genuine care for all patients while ensuring all medication needs and regulatory compliance standards are met. Pharmacy Technicians must demonstrate ethical conduct and maintain patient confidentiality at all times.
The Inventory Specialist is dedicated to coordinating and monitoring inventory management related activities which are critical to maintaining the right focus on daily, weekly, and monthly tasks that help customers on their path to better health. The Inventory Specialist role:
* Helps establish true ownership for inventory management activities at store level and provides a clear communication channel for each store.
* Enables a consistent approach to inventory management and critical inventory functions across the chain.
* Offers an excellent developmental opportunity and recognition for Pharmacy Team Members with the right skill set who are interested in further development.
* Promotes a path to better health by engaging customers to learn about their health and medications; educates customers about CVS services and products appropriately positioning CVS as a partner in customers' path to better health.
* Focuses on the customer, keeping the customer top of mind at all times, prioritizing customer needs, displaying genuine care and empathy in all interactions, and ensuring complete customer satisfaction.
* Understands and follows applicable Federal and State laws (e.g., HIPAA), regulations (e.g., OSHA), professional standards, and ethical principles; complies with CVS policies and procedures to ensure patient safety and protect patient privacy and security.
* Effectively follows workflow procedures with an in-depth understanding of each workstation (i.e., Pick- Up, Drop-Off, Drive-Thru, Production) for day-to-day coordination and processing of patient medication orders; manages own responsibilities while shifting to help the team where needed.
* Delivers results while balancing quality and efficiency in all tasks, maintains accuracy while consistently meeting workflow and inventory management goals.
* Demonstrates compassion and care by proactively identifying and resolving potential problems to ensure customers have their medications when needed; collaborates with immediate and extended pharmacy teams, medical staff, insurance companies, and customers alike to resolve issues, ensure accuracy, and deliver timely resolution of any medication or insurance related concerns.
* Actively seeks opportunities to expand clinical, technical and insurance knowledge, leveraging available tools and training resources, to develop the basic drug understanding and technical expertise needed to accurately and more effectively assist customers.
* Contributes to high-performing teams by looking for opportunities to contribute to individual and broader team goals, remains flexible for both schedule and business needs while easily adapting to changes at work to enables supportive, collaborative, and challenging work environment.
Based on the role and location, this position may require you to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless you are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated. Proof of vaccination will be required on your first day of employment or within the first few months in the position, depending on the role and location. If you are considered for a role, more information will be provided during the hiring process.
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Licensure requirements vary by state
- Attention and Focus
- The ability to concentrate on a task over a period of time without being distracted
- Customer Service Orientation
- Actively look for ways to help people, and do so in a friendly manner
- Notice and understand customers' reactions, and respond appropriately
- Communication Skills
- Use and understand verbal and written communication to interact with customers and colleagues
- Actively listening by giving full attention to what others are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times
- Mathematical Reasoning
- The ability to use math to solve a problem, such as calculating day's supply of a prescription
- Problem Resolution
- Is able to judge when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong; recognizing there is a problem
- Choosing the best course of action when faced with a complex situation with several available options
- Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained periods of time
- Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for moving from one work area to another
- Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working primarily with fingers rather than whole hand or arm
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist
- Stooping to a considerable degree and requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed accurately
- Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication
- Visual Acuity:
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform activities such as: transcribing, viewing a computer terminal, reading, visual inspection involving small parts
- Occasional lifting of up to 30 lbs; exerting up to 30 lbs of force occasionally and/or up to 10 lbs of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects
- Previous experience in a pharmacy, retail, medical, or customer service setting
- Previous experience as a Pharmacy Technician
- PTCB National Certification
High School diploma or equivalent preferred but not required.
The typical pay range for this role is:$16.00 - $24.00
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off ('PTO') or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit [Register to View]
CVS Health requires certain colleagues to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, religious belief, or other legally recognized reasons that prevents them from being vaccinated.
You are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status or apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 10 days of your employment. Please note that in some states and roles, you may be required to provide proof of full vaccination or an approved reasonable accommodation before you can begin to actively work.
CVS Health is committed to recruiting, hiring, developing, advancing, and retaining individuals with disabilities. As such, we strive to provide equal access to the benefits and privileges of employment, including the provision of a reasonable accommodation to perform essential job functions. CVS Health can provide a request for a reasonable accommodation, including a qualified interpreter, written information in other formats, translation or other services through [Register to View] If you have a speech or hearing disability, please call 7-1-1 to utilize Telecommunications Relay Services (TRS). We will make every effort to respond to your request within 48 business hours and do everything we can to work towards a solution.[Register to View] />