Senior Scientist, Discovery Biology
We are seeking a highly motivated Senior Scientist to join the MRL Discovery Biology group. This is an exciting opportunity to lead exploratory efforts in target discovery and validation as well as drug development projects and contribute to the science of vascular biology. The successful candidate is expected to pursue novel approaches to study different disease indications with a focus on vascular models and the identification and validation of novel therapeutic targets and next-generation biomarkers. The individual will design, plan, and execute experiments in the laboratory and provide scientific and technical input into the target portfolio. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate technical proficiency, scientific rigor, independent thought and a team-oriented mentality.
Required Experience and Skills:
- A PhD with +2 years of experience in cell biology, molecular biology, developmental biology or similar degree. Candidates with experience in industry settings are encouraged to apply
- In-depth knowledge of vascular biology and relevant experimental approaches
- Expertise in a wide range of molecular and cellular biology techniques including functional assay development and in vivo methods
- Scientific curiosity, the analytical mindset with a drive to own a project to understand biology, mechanism of action and drive it through the discovery pipeline
- Ability to work independently designing tightly controlled experiments, interpreting data and presenting to teams within and outside the disease area
- Effective communicator, having people skills and being able to work as a team player and working effectively in a matrixed environment
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex problems by undertaking innovative approaches and applying state-of-the art technologies exemplified by publication in high-quality scientific journals is required
- Demonstrated expertise in vascular/perivascular biology and diseases of blood and/or lymphatic capillaries
We are a research-driven biopharmaceutical company. Our mission is built on the simple premise that if we “follow the science” that great medicines can make a significant impact to our world. We believe that a research-driven enterprise dedicated to world-class science can succeed by inventing medicine and vaccine innovations that make a difference for patients across the globe.
Who we are …
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, New Jersey, USA is known as “Merck” in the United States, Canada & Puerto Rico. We are known as “MSD” in Europe, Middle East, Africa, Latin America & Asia Pacific. We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products.
We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With 69,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of our 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
What we look for …
In a world of rapid innovation, we seek brave Inventors who want to make an Impact in all aspects of our business, enabling breakthroughs that will affect generations to come. We encourage you to bring your disruptive thinking, collaborative spirit and diverse perspective to our organization. Together we will continue Inventing For Life, Impacting Lives while Inspiring Your Career Growth.
NOTICE FOR INTERNAL APPLICANTS
In accordance with [Register to View]
Current Contingent Workers apply [Register to View]
US and Puerto Rico Residents Only:
Our company is committed to inclusion, ensuring that candidates can engage in a hiring process that exhibits their true capabilities. Please [Register to View] if you need an accommodation during the application or hiring process.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
We are proud to be a company that embraces the value of bringing diverse, talented, and committed people together. The fastest way to breakthrough innovation is when diverse ideas come together in an inclusive environment. We encourage our colleagues to respectfully challenge one another’s thinking and approach problems collectively. We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully
Merck & Co., Inc., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, also known as Merck Sharp & Dohme Corp., Kenilworth, NJ, USA, does not accept unsolicited assistance from search firms for employment opportunities. All CVs / resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at our company without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of our company. No fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by our company as a result of an agency referral where no pre-existing agreement is in place. Where agency agreements are in place, introductions are position specific. Please, no phone calls or emails.
Flexible Work Arrangements:
Valid Driving License:
Number of Openings:1