Principal React Engineer II
CVS Healthcare is looking for hands-on, passionate, driven people who want to join a high energy and growing team to make a difference in customers’ lives and who
want to be on the forefront of digital innovation that aims to reinvent what a pharmacy and a health care company can be in the digital world.
You will be a hands-on, individual contributor working on cutting-edge applications and products. You will brainstorm with architects, product managers, data scientists and fellow engineers to build data products used improve the health outcomes of millions of people. The right candidate will be a strong analytical thinker and be able to simplify complex problems, processes or projects into component parts explore and evaluate them systematically.
• Develop Web applications/web services and cloud native apps using React/React-Native, NodeJS, Java/J2EE, REST API, Spring Core, Spring MVC Framework, Spring Boot Framework, Hibernate, Spring Security, Oracle and other tech stacks (Open source and proprietary)
• Work with Product and UX teams to be part of a team of engineers in developing elegant code, state-of-the-art responsive customer experiences and build industry leading digital experiences
• Partner with application owners, business partners and peer groups regarding long and short-range technical solutions that meet business requirements
• Participate in Program Increment (PI) planning meeting and establish face-to-face communication across all team and Product Owners.
• Analyze project requirements based on product team milestones and priority.
• Participate in Agile Scrum team activities including Sprint Planning, Grooming, Daily Scrum, Review and Retro
• Will be responsible for end-to-end application delivery including coordination with required teams for production deployment
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 8+ years of experience as a Software engineer
• 5+ years of experience with hands-on and expert knowledge working with XML, JSON, HTML, CSS and Java Script
• 5+ years of experience using libraries, tools, and frameworks such as: React, React-Native, Angular, React, Underscore, jQuery, Dojo, Bootstrap, Sencha, D3, Backbone, or Grunt
• 5+ years of experience with responsive UI design and development
• 5+ years of experience in writing clean, high quality, high performing, scalable code
• 3+ years of experience in whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• 3+ years of experience in understanding the framework code and methods of component architecture
• Be able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
• Influence and persuade - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapt to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with SAFE development methodologies.
• Individually motivated to be able to see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.