Scientist - Immunoassay R&D
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life-changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritionals and branded generic medicines. Our 113,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
ABOUT ABBOTT DIAGNOSTICS
Abbott is a global healthcare leader that helps people live more fully at all stages of life. Our portfolio of life- changing technologies spans the spectrum of healthcare, with leading businesses and products in diagnostics, medical devices, nutritional’s, and branded generic medicines. Our 109,000 colleagues serve people in more than 160 countries.
The key to successful treatment and full recovery is often fast, accurate diagnosis. Abbott’s life-changing tests and diagnostic tools provide insights that enable smarter, faster decisions and transform the way the world is managing health. Our pioneering technology spans the world of healthcare operations — with medical diagnostic instruments, tests, automation and informatics solutions for hospitals, reference labs, blood centers, emergency departments, physician offices and clinics.
Our location in Lake Bluff, IL, currently has an opportunity for a Scientist – Immunoassay R&D to conduct research for our Diagnostics division. This person will be part of the research organization helping to develop prototype immunoassays on the Alinity i and ARCHITECT systems and advance the assay through the product development process.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining the effectiveness of the quality system.
- Conducts experiments, accomplishes established milestones and summarizes data, interprets results and draws conclusions.
- Recommends options for other project approaches or experiments.
- Internal data presentations within R&D organization.
- Recognizes and resolves technical problems; evaluates options for complex experimental problems; utilizes analytical instruments.
- Participates in project planning and updates; executes project plan; participates in defining project goals; develops timelines; comprehends resource requirements.
- Participates in routine maintenance and lab safety.
- Appropriately documents experimental procedures and results according to established guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE YOU’LL BRING
- 4 years of relevant experience from medical diagnostics company or similar.
- Experience developing immunoassays.
- Experience with Alinity or ARCHITECT instruments.
- Knowledge of regulations and standards affecting IVDs and Biologics.
- Knowledge of analytical instruments assigned by supervisor.
- B.S. plus 4 years minimum related lab/industrial experience or M.S. with 2 years minimum relevant experience or Ph.D. in a life or physical science.
WHAT WE OFFER
- At Abbott, you can have a good job that can grow into a great career. We offer:
- Training and career development, with onboarding programs for new employees and tuition assistance
- Financial security through competitive compensation, incentives and retirement plans
- Health care and well-being programs including medical, dental, vision, wellness and occupational health programs
- Paid time off
- 401(k) retirement savings with a generous company match
- Pension Plan
- The stability of a company with a record of strong financial performance and history of being actively involved in local communities
Learn more about our benefits that add real value to your life to help you live fully: [Register to View] target="_blank">[Register to View]