CVS Health Digital is looking for a dynamic and driven Senior Software Engineering Manager to lead engineering teams tasked with creating best in class experiences focused on identifying, prioritizing and shaping complex enterprise initiatives in partnership with business stakeholders. In this role, you will be leading a team of engineers to drive the delivery of our digital products focused on helping people live healthier lives. You will use your people management skills to support, manage and mentor engineering professionals with deep and varying technical backgrounds and experience. You should have the ability to prioritize well, communicate clearly, have a consistent track record of delivery and excellent software engineering and people management skills. A successful candidate will be a highly motivated, collaborative individual; motivated to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
In this role, you will hire new development staff, oversee each aspect of the development process, and act as the liaison between your team and upper management.
• Grow engineering teams by interviewing, recruiting and hiring, as well as continuously guide, coach and mentor engineers
• Provide leadership for Digital initiatives
The typical pay range for this role is:
Please keep in mind that this range represents the pay range for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual salary offer will take into account a wide range of factors, including location.
• 8+ years of overall IT/Digital development experience on enterprise class applications
• 4+ years in a management role, leading software development teams
• 2+ years leading teams of 8+ engineers with additionally experience in leading medium to large sized teams of diverse development engineers across multiple locations
• 2+ years partnering with architecture, product and program management teams to influence product development assisting or improving products
• 3+ years of experience in whole web stack, including protocols and web server optimization techniques
• 3+ years of experience in understanding the framework code and methods of component architecture
• Be able to identify a vision along with the plans, which need to be implemented to meet the end goal, evaluating situations, decisions and issues in the short, medium and long term.
• Influence and persuade - able to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Adapt to the situation and can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behavior change
• Expert knowledge with functional, imperative and object-oriented languages and methodologies
• Experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
• Experience with SAFE development methodologies.
• Individually motivated to be able to see the big picture and prioritize their work to make the largest impact on the business and customers vision and requirements
Bachelors degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent years of experience.
Masters degree is desirable
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.