As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
We are seeking resumes for an Environmental Specialists in our DeRidder, LA facility
- monitor and evaluate compliance status of mill operations to ensure compliance with environmental regulations and permit conditions
- research, collect data, prepare documentation for use in permitting activities, participate in permit application review
- read, comprehend, and interpret federal and state regulations applicable to the mill site
- establish a positive and productive working relationship with operations, maintenance, regulatory agencies, contractors
- identify potential problem areas and develop corrective actions and/or plans
- collection of samples, analysis of samples, preparation of sample shipments to outside labs
- prepare reports for supervisor review and submission to agencies
- coordinate with operations and contractors for conducting required compliance tasks such as performance testing
- create and/or revise compliance procedures or plans
- conduct field activities
- participate and assist in audits and inspections
- input information and maintain databases, spreadsheets
- Bachelor’s in Environmental Science or Chemistry, Biology, Geology, Environmental Engineer, Chemical Engineer, related science
- 3+ years of environmental experience including regulatory; laboratory, biology, chemistry, geological experience is helpful
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
- Possess strong writing, analytical, organizational and communication skills
- Knowledgeable in air pollution, water pollution, solid waste, hazardous waste
- Familiar with CEMS and COMS; process information management systems is a plus
- Fundamental understanding of core environmental statutes and regulations such as the Clean Air Act, Clean Water Act, Emergency Planning & Right-to-Know Act, and Resource Conservation and Recovery Act
- Demonstrates attention to detail, time management, and responsibility
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary