Maintenance Mechanic - Electrician
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
This job posting is for a Maintenance Technician/Electrician at the Phoenix, Arizona Corrugated Packaging Plant located at 441 S. 53rd Avenue, Phoenix, Arizona 85043.
Pay and Benefits
· Excellent Benefits Package (Health, Dental, Vision)
· 401K Plan
· Earn up to five weeks of annual vacation
· 11 paid holidays
· 40 hours AZ sick leave
· 1.5 Pay over 8 hours and over 40; 1.5 Pay Saturday and Sunday
· 1.5 Pay Holidays + additional OT over 8 hours on holidays
· Uniforms Provided
· PCA provides up to 100 paid training hours per year to help technicians advance through the progressive skill levels and achieve higher pay.
· Technicians supply their own basic hand tools. PCA provides a tool stipend (or replacement) to help technicians maintain basic hand tools. PCA provides all special and heavy tools.
· Safety shoe reimbursement up to $180 a year. Prescription Safety Glass stipends up to $160 every two years.
· Tuition reimbursement programs
· This position will perform a variety of maintenance tasks including diagnosing, repairing, rebuilding, or replacing mechanical, electrical (PLC’s), hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on plant equipment, and maintain boiler.
· Technicians work as part of a team to safely perform Preventive Maintenance Activities as well as answer break down calls in a Production Environment.
· 2+ Years’ experience in successfully troubleshooting and repairing industrial machinery.
· A Technical Degree in the Mechanical or Electrical Trades is a plus.
· Ability to work any shift, overtime and weekends as needed, to support production schedules and Maintenance Planning and Scheduling. No continuous rotating shifts but opportunities to move to preferred shift are common as company grows.
· Be authorized to work in the US.
· Must have own tools.
· Experience in the Corrugated Packaging or Printing Industry is a plus.
· Must be able to pass a background and drug screen.
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Hourly