Safety, Environmental & Quality Facilitator ~ Wallula, Washington
Safety, Environmental & Quality Facilitator ~ Wallula, Washington
As a Fortune 500 company, Packaging Corporation of America (PCA) is an ideas and solutions company. Our corrugated packaging business seeks to be the leader in helping our customers — large and small — package, transport and display products of all kinds. Our white paper business delivers Paper With Purpose by providing the highest level of customer service and operational excellence. We have approximately 15,000 team members in more than 100 locations in the United States that strive to meet the local needs of our customers. Our mission is to serve the needs of our customers, today and tomorrow, with products and services that exceed expectations for performance and environmental responsibility.
People • Customers • Trust
The Safety, Environmental & Quality Facilitator is responsible for plant safety operations, environmental regulations, & quality control activities. The Facilitator supports the safety, environmental, health, quality, and food safety programs within the plant to ensure a safe working environment and production of a high-quality product to meet customer needs.
PCA provides a competitive benefits package; including but not limited to:
- Paid vacation, sick leave and holidays
- Incentive plan
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Life and accidental death and dismemberment insurance
- Long & short-term disability
- Stipends for both safety boots and glasses
- Employees (and their dependents) are eligible for medical, dental, vision, basic life and disability insurance coverage, subject to applicable waiting periods.
- Automatically enrolled in PCA's 401k retirement plan at the time of hire.
- Eligible for 11 holidays after completing 30 days worked.
- Reimbursed up to $150 for safety shoes after completing their introductory period.
- Eligible for up to $35 per month for monthly fitness memberships.
- Annual gainshare up to 10 percent of earnings
The hiring range for this position is $62,400 to $90,000. If you want to be part of an exceptional team with competitive pay and benefits package, please apply at [Register to View]
- Coordinate with plant management to implement and maintain company safety, quality and food safety standards with the goal of producing high quality products to exceed customer expectations.
- Work with department managers / superintendent to implement key driver improvement activities through timely and usable product/process quality and safety data collection, data analysis, improvement project measurement and assisting improvement teams.
- Establish process methods for tracking and reporting safety and environmental compliance to state regulations and establish and maintain relationships with state regulatory authorities and corporate safety and environmental compliance resources.
- Facilitate and maintain corporate quality and Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) systems process and procedures at the plant level.
- Participate in and serve as interface in plant audits such as safety, quality, food safety, environmental, and customer audits.
- Provide support in writing programs in support of maintaining the plant’s quality (ISO 9000) and food safety certification(s)(ISO 22000) and environmental permitting as needed.
- Assist with developing plant EH&S, product safety and quality training modules, administer, manage completion as well as ensure that records are on file.
- Provide ongoing communication and training to supervisors and operators on quality, Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS), and food safety processes.
- Coordinate and participate with new hire orientations, EH&S, product safety and quality trainings.
- Know and follow policies and procedures of the company, share information that would benefit other members of the team and find ways to improve the delivery of service to our customers.
- Coordinate safety committee meetings including notifications, agenda, meeting minutes and assignment and follow up on all action items.
- Facilitate incident investigations.
- Support operations as assigned.
- Strive to continually strengthen PCA’s business philosophy of meeting needs and exceeding expectation for customers specifically supporting PCA’s Commitment to Service which involves doing what’s right for our customers, focusing on strategies that add value and support growth, and keeping the promises that we make.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct effective training and presentation skills and the ability to facilitate groups in problem solving.
- Solid working knowledge of computer systems including experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle numerous details, deadlines, and requests.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline-oriented environment, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple projects and/or requests concurrently.
- Solid analytical skills with the ability to identify opportunities for improvements and conduct deductive reasoning.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively to solicit buy-in from various audiences.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability and skills to effectively lead and communicate with production team and management.
- Demonstrated ability to network and build relationships with individuals of various experience and corporate levels both within and outside of the company.
- Strong listening, evaluating, and problem-solving skills. Ability to create alternative solutions and meet deadlines.
- Previous work experience as a member and a leader of a team, or a strong understanding of the importance of open communication and information sharing between team members.
- Must be able to travel as necessary and possess a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Able and willing to work flexible hours as needed.
- Education equivalent to a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Industrial Management, Statistics, Business or related field.
- Two (2) to five (5) years’ of previous experience in manufacturing operations.
- Two (2) years’ previous experience developing / implementing quality systems programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge of food safety and experience managing food programs. Food safety certification such as Hazard Analysis Critical Control Point (HACCP) preferred.
Exposure to manufacturing shop floor and/or Statistics and Quality software is preferred.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified candidates must apply online at [Register to View] style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt; white-space: normal;">www.careers.packagingcorp.com
All qualified applicants must apply at [Register to View]
to be considered.
PCA is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories.
- Pay Type Salary
- Min Hiring Rate $62,400.00
- Max Hiring Rate $90,000.00