Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
Hubbell Power Systems (HPS) engages in the design and manufacture of a wide variety of products used by utilities. Today, HPS is deeply engaged in product solutions for OSP Communication utility purposes, and has been actively growing that segment of the business. HPS roots have historically been in high voltage transmission, distribution, substation, underground products used by electric utilities. HPS products are also used in the civil construction, transportation, gas and water industries.
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
The Enterprise Water Sales Director will be responsible for driving bookings and revenue opportunities associated with all Aclara offerings to large Enterprise Water customers, primarily large municipal utilities. As a leading member of the sales team, this person will be a highly-networked, experienced industry professional who can expertly develop, close, and manage comprehensive Aclara deals while developing relationships and account plans that leverage Aclara’s strengths across all levels of customer organizations. The Sales Director must be an ambitious networker who can convey the value of the solutions of Aclara and (parent) Hubbell convincingly while facilitating the activities of a matrixed selling organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meet and exceed assigned targets for profitable sales bookings growth in assigned product lines, market areas, and channels.
- Build, extend, and manage a diverse network of contacts within utility executives and management, key Aclara partners, consultants, and other industry stakeholders.
- Serve as an expert on the business impact of all Aclara solutions to relevantly and effectively represent our offerings cross-functionally within utility companies.
- Analyze the assigned accounts and territory and develop actionable sales plans to penetrate and grow Aclara’s market share.
- Perform all activities in the sales cycle—generate leads, qualify opportunities, educate customers, quarterback proposal development, and lead sales meetings/presentations.
- Coordinate commercial contract negotiations alongside Aclara’s legal and product leaders to close business.
- Maintain positive client relationships to ensure client satisfaction, account growth, new business acquisition, and customer loyalty through cross-selling and upselling.
- Support the development of sales strategy, marketing collateral, and associated programs and initiatives.
- Convey customer requirements and market direction to Aclara’s product management, partners and development teams to ensure a healthy and relevant roadmap.
- Facilitate effective cross-selling among the entire Aclara sales team to introduce new offerings and solidify support for existing projects by leveraging connections with senior decision-makers within the customer organizations.
- Represent the company in a manner consistent with its core values and team-based approach.
- Maintain current account and opportunity information in Salesforce.com.
- Coordinate closely with Aclara partners for opportunities and deals within the associated territory that include partner components.
- Deliver effective sales presentations that encompass both Aclara-owned and partner technologies demonstrating an understanding of standalone and combined solution value.
- Support Product Marketing by monitoring and gathering market/product intelligence from existing and prospective customers, competitors, and potential technology partners.
- Follow all established Sales and Account Management processes, procedures, and methodologies.
- Adhere to all Hubbell corporate policies.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in technology-related field.
- Master’s or advanced degree in Business or equivalent area of study preferred.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience working within the water industry (or equivalent experience in technology sales or business development) with well-established relationships at all organizational levels, including the executive levels. Strong ability to network and establish new and/or expanded relationships by employing ‘high touch’ strategies.
- Must be highly motivated, goal-oriented, and persistent with experience in driving business opportunities and developing markets.
- Must possess the ability to grasp complex selling challenges while formulating strategies to advance business plans across a multitude of accounts.
- Should have advanced knowledge of the offers and business cases that support AMI, Metering, Software, and Smart Infrastructure Solutions (e.g. Leak Detection, Pressure Monitoring).
- Must be able to effectively communicate a value proposition and to work both independently and as a member of a broader team.
Masters Degree in Engineering General or Business
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.