Sr Product Manager - Reading, PA
Hubbell Incorporated was founded in 1888 and has grown into an international manufacturer of quality electrical, lighting and power solutions with more than 75 brands used and recognized around the world. Our founder, Harvey Hubbell, developed tooling and equipment to serve the growing demand for new assembly and manufacturing machinery during the industrial revolution. An early, and one of many patents awarded, came for the creation of the first practical method to control electricity through the pull chain socket that remains unchanged today. As a market leader in reliable, electrical solutions, we provide more than half a million products delivered through our various business groups. Hubbell is committed to continually innovating solutions that work, transforming old products with new ideas, and ensuring that we Energize, Enlighten and Empower the communities that support us.
GAI-Tronics owned by Hubbell Incorporated, is the world's largest company focused on the communication needs of the world's industrial markets. Founded in 1946, GAI-Tronics earliest products set the industry standard for durability and reliability. While maintaining our commitment to the principles of quality and customer service, today's GAI-Tronics aggressively applies leading edge technology to solve the world's most challenging communication needs, and is backed by stability, reputation, and financial strength of Hubbell Incorporated, a worldwide leader in electrical and electronic products. Standing behind all those accomplishments are our people. It is this talent that we consider to be our company's greatest asset.
3030 Kutztown Road
Reading, PA 19605
- Support the international sales of GAI-Tronics Phone, and product lines
- Provide support of product promotion and training
- Maintain product information and pricing in the company's operating system
- Maintain a strong external focus on customers and markets
- Manage the product development process
Duties and Responsibilities
Roles & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for product line P&L/growth and maintenance of acceptable product group margins, as defined by senior management.
- Answer market and product-related questions and publish product updates.
- Break into new vertical market sectors.
- Promote product lines and generate sales leads
- Maintain product information within SAP. Create and manage product group price lists.
- Conduct product research as follows: Gather information for future product enhancements, Gather information to assist with marketing, Review customer requirements.
- Create and drive effective sales and educational initiatives.
- Determine market requirements and associated pricing.
- Ensure HHCP products are specified by Engineers/Specifiers.
- Responsible for the New Product Development Process (NPD) for new products.
- Coordinate proposed changes to the product line (enhancements, obsolescence, etc.) while being cognizant of the needs of the customer and the business.
- Work with sales management to develop an effective sales strategy for the product line and enable attainment of the most profitable market share levels.
Skills and Experience
Communication Skills: Strong written and verbal communication skills
Computer Skills: Must have strong Microsoft Office, email and other PC application skills
Problem Solving: Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Travel 40% including international travel
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.