Maintenance Mechanic A (1st shift) - Rocky Mount, NC
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
546 English Road
Rocky Mount, NC 27804
Pay Rate: $30.00 per hour
Hours: 1st shift 7:00am - 7:00pm
*This climate is not controlled*
Responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Oversee all maintenance items
- Provides emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production
- Performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service
- Perform routine maintenance, such as inspecting drives, motors, or belts, checking fluid levels, replacing filters, or doing other preventive maintenance actions
- Repairs machines, equipment, or structures, using tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, wrenches, or equipment such as precision measuring instruments, electrical or electronic testing devices
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment
- Performs fabrication to include machining and general design and fit
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Reads and interprets equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance service
Duties and Responsibilities
- May work with engineering department on special projects.
- Assists in design of tooling and equipment for molds as well as welds steel and cuts steel when needed
- Assist with mold set-up when required
- Accomplish other job related functions as may be assigned.
- Practice and promote safety at all times.
- Be able to work at heights up to approximately 50 feet.
- Regular and predictable attendance is an essential part of the job
Skills and Experience
Knowledge of: the installation and repair of modern mechanical, plumbing, and hydraulic systems including individual components of these systems and mechanical equipment used in the repair or remanufacture of components and vehicles; safety rules and regulations, and the proper use of safety equipment.
Skilled in: Reading and interpreting blueprints; use of all hand and power tools used in hydraulic and pneumatic systems
Ability to: Diagnose problems and determine replacement or repair of parts; make material, labor, and equipment estimates based on blueprint study; follow written and oral instructions; and build and maintain effective working relationships.
Experience: Must have ten (10) years or more experience in electro mechanical or hydraulic systems. Emphasis will be placed on industrial maintenance mechanics with injection molding experience. Experience in PLC’s is desirable.
Special Requirements: Must be qualified to operate a forklift, or successfully complete training in forklift operation.
- Ten (10) more years maintenance experience in a continuous operating manufacturing environment
- Demonstrate strong initiative, cooperation, work ethic, attitude and technical leadership
- Have good attendance and have no warnings in file more serious than a verbal warning
- Able to work with minimal supervision with minimal technical guidance
- Licensed forklift operator
- Comply with OSHA Health and Safety guidelines:
- Recognize and report any safety problems, hazards, accidents, and incidents to management
- Train new maintenance workers in all facets of the maintenance operations
- Recommend improvement in maintenance and operational procedures
- Performs mold changes when necessary
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.